im just a noob vb programmer and im now making a thesis project (library system) im just wondering if any1 know how to do that (see title) in visual basic coz im planning to put that in our text box for searching books or student info for easier searching. help me pls ^^

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Here is what you can do.
Put a textbox on a form. And then place a listview control below. Now write the search code on the keydown of the textbox to show the results in the listview control below.

I think you mean is the combo box but not the combo box in the default given. just go to the components then check the Microsoft Windows Components (I think it is sorry no VB here in the cafe) if you can see the combobox then thats it. what you have to do is to load the data from the database to that combobox then when put an entry on that combobox it will give you a suggestions.
hope it would help. if you still don't get it just give me a buzz

I don't mean combobox. List view gives more control over how you want to represent the data. It is best suited when you need custom format for your data. Its can act as a auto-complete solution.

Hi,
Check the attached example, I hope this is what you are looking for.

This is good provided you can add the id and display column.

Hi ki.net

Thanks a lot for for your support
it was really a timely help

Please mark thread as solved if your problem has been answered.

HI!kb.net tnx for the sample, it helps us a lot

thanks for sharing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.