For all these issues, it would have been a bit easier to solve everyones problem if you all would have started new threads...

Now, with that said, has any person that has posted here checked into it being Virus/Malware related?

CHECK IT OUT

Do an online scan:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

If you have virus protection, make sure your DAT files are current, and that you scan your system often. Make sure it is set up to automatically scan incoming email, and scripts.

Check your system for malware:

AdAware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
SpyBot - http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=mirrors

Install, Update and Run both. Remove whatever it finds.

Let the techs check it after that, so go get:

Hijack This - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

Install, Run and post your log IN YOUR NEW THREAD for technical assessment.

:)

FOR KDOG

How do I clear my internet cache and cookies?

To clear the cache, cookies, and history from Internet Explorer or AOL, perform the following steps:

1. Close all open Internet Explorer and/or AOL windows using the X in upper right corner of the window.
2. From the Start menu, select Settings, and then click Control Panel. In Windows XP, from the start menu, click Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel, double-click Internet Options.
4. From the General tab, click Delete Files.
5. From the Delete Files dialog box, click to select Delete all offline content, and click OK.
Step 6 through Step 12 detail how to manually clear cookies. To clear cookies automatically, Internet Explorer 6 users may click Delete Cookies; then, from the Delete Cookies dialog box, click OK.
6. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.
7. Under Check for newer versions of stored pages, ensure that Automatically is selected, and click View Files.
8. From the Edit menu, click Select All.
9. From the File menu, click Delete.
10. From the WARNING dialog box, click Yes.
11. To close the Cookies window, click X.
12. From the Settings dialog box, click OK.

After clearing cookies, your browser may not automatically log in to certain Web sites. If this occurs, you will need to manually log into the site(s) using your user name/user ID and password.

i have the same problem as you. when i went to the microsoft messenger help, it said the security system (like norton)may not be allowing to connect. i don't know what to do either. if i uninstall norton, i am afraid i will be infected with viruses

i am waiting for some one to tell me a solution to fix the hotmail problem and also this internet problem i am having. it will not let me do any transactions and it is very frustrating. some one respond. thanks-buzzer : :cry:

hotmail is having some issues... here is a fix for now ;)

Add your Hotmail account in Outlook Express (Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, Add-->Mail). Go through the wizard, and make sure you choose "HTTP" as the incoming mail server and "Hotmail" as the HTTP mail service provider on the Email Server Names screen. This has allowed me to download my messages from Hotmail.

i am waiting for some one to tell me a solution to fix the hotmail problem and also this internet problem i am having. it will not let me do any transactions and it is very frustrating. some one respond. thanks-buzzer : :cry:

I know I'm properly connected to the internet and there aren't any problems there however everytime I try to log in to my hotmail account an error page shows up saying this page cannot be displayed. No matter how many times I try to log in the error page always comes up. As for my messenger, it says that I am currently NOT connected to the .NET Messenging service. I assume it's because it can't detect my default connection and I don't have a proxy server. How can I connected to my messenger and hotmail account?

I'm having the same problems with hotmail, however, according to USA today, they had a "minor" problem last friday that prevented a "substantial amount of users from accessing their service. They say they've got it fixed but I still can't get in to my account. I have been able to receive my "Hotmail" using Outlook express. I just added the hotmail account to the list along with my password and when I check my outlook box I get both my email accounts' msgs. I still can't get hotmail to load though. :rolleyes:

PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAED MESSAGE WHEN LOGGING INTO HOTMAIL FIX:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.

2. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the TOOLS menu, then
INTERNET OPTIONS, then click the ADVANCED tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is UNCHECKED(if it's CHECKED then UNCHECK IT). Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' are CHECKED(if there UNCHECKED then CHECK them) then click OK.

3. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

(don't forget the "SPACE" between regsvr32 and softpub.dll)

then click OK

Then try signing into MSN Messenger and the Hotmail website again.

if anyone is having problems with MSN MESSENGER or WINDOWS MESSENGER or HOTMAIL then go here:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=msn&slcid=US

click on msn.messenger

then click on NEW POST

and post ur question to a msn techie LIVE for FREE. they take about 2 hours to answers so REFRESH the newsgroup in 2 hours and ur answer will be there.(THEY DO NOT EMAIL U!!!) they post the answer in the newsgroup. Make sure u tell them ur operating system and the error message and ERROR CODE ur seeing and ur firewall(if u have one) ETC

I have sorted out one part of this awful problem, i can now get into my hotmail account thanks to another post on this site. i did it by downloading the netscape browser and it works every time but my MSN still wont work and im becoming very frustrated can someone please tell me what to do.

I know I'm properly connected to the internet and there aren't any problems there however everytime I try to log in to my hotmail account an error page shows up saying this page cannot be displayed. No matter how many times I try to log in the error page always comes up. As for my messenger, it says that I am currently NOT connected to the .NET Messenging service. I assume it's because it can't detect my default connection and I don't have a proxy server. How can I connected to my messenger and hotmail account?

http://webmessenger.msn.com
http://www.e-messenger.net
http://www.wbmsn.net

It says , " The password is not correct, and that i am not connected to the messenger.net service. 0.80033x or sumthing" im using windows 98

The problem I have is SSL related I believe. The little "lock icon" on the task bar appears.

YES YES YES!!!!!!! I had exactly the problems described,, for the last 4 months I had given up EVER getting back on line using the msn browser! I cut and pasted ('regsvr32 softpub.dll' )_ and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had had about enough of the mozilla fire fox as it only let me do somethings and not others, I dearly missed my fav's and all!
Thank you soooooooooooooooo MUCH!
Lizz T

Many of you have the same problem with MSN, saying that your password is invalid when it's not, try this:

1. Click on the 'Start' button located at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click 'Run'.
3. Type 'regsvr32 softpub.dll' (without the quotes) and click 'OK'.
4. Click 'OK' to the message stating that the .dll files have been registered.

Hope this helps,

Matt

I have been unable to access my hotmail for a couple of weeks now. I login [[U]with a very correct login and password[/U]] and I wait, and wait.. and nothing ever loads. Other sites work.

Im no super techi-minded genious. Can someone please, please supply me with a user friendly fix - as the problem restricts me from keeping in touch with family :sad:

Anyone who is having Problems with hotmail. Go here:

http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf

Tell hotmail ur EXACT problem in detail.

they'll take 2 days to reply

I feel really really guilty, i fixed my problem ages ago and i ment to come and post the solution but i forgot. I discovered the solution by mistake , i had totaly given up hope my msn would never work it kept saying " login name doesnt exist" and any secure websites including Hotmail wouldnt load showing the " refresh" page. Then my homepage said " download internet explorer updates" i thought nothing of it but i went to www.microsoft.com and searched for " internet explorer updates" i downloaded the newest update it took about ten minutes then i restarted my comp. Upon restart i tried hotmail and it worked, then i tried msn and that worked too :D. Hope this helps - Kyle

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED! ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ON.. FIXED THE MESSENGER SIGN-ON PROBLEM, AND I WILL GO CHECK IF IT SIGNS ME ONTO MSN.. Matt, you are a genius.... it really works~~~

Many of you have the same problem with MSN, saying that your password is invalid when it's not, try this:

1. Click on the 'Start' button located at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click 'Run'.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Update: Everything is fixed now... all pages work, all connections work.. awesome fix!! LIFESAVER, AWESOME THANKS.

2. Click 'Run'.

Hope this helps,

Matt

First time poster... and I figured this is the best place to ask my questions.

Most of it pertains to HOTMAIL/MSN messenger, but I figured someone out there must know about this more than I do, so this post is rather long (and i've provided screen-shots)... so please read it all :mrgreen:

I have several problems with my computer... it was totally infected up the wazoo, so i did the "WIPE IT" program, re-installed/upgraded Windows XP.

I thought "WIPE IT" wiped everything out, but i guess not. Not even 5 minutes after it was re-installed, I get this weird pop up about "lsass.exe" and it gave me 60 seconds before it shut off... eventually i clicked on "Run" and typed in "shutdown -a" which eventually took it off (until i re-booted at least).

Then i downloaded MSN 6.2 on my comp (that's the same one i had before i did the "WIPE IT") and i've started having problems.

I took Screen shots of the pop up that keeps coming up (and it still does)...

-THIS is what's been popping up frequently:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Precious_JiNi/MessMessage.jpg[/IMG]

But up until last night... MSN Messenger was working fine for me...until last night, and all day today. And i even copied/pasted that "updatepatch.info" thing to my browser, and all the links in there that were suppose to help were broken and didn't work. :evil:

Then THIS is what kept popping up everytime i tried to log on MSN (and i noticed that the sign-on thingie was a lil weird)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Precious_JiNi/MSNcrap.jpg[/IMG]

I know that my PW and user name exhists and are correct, and when i checked the status of my MSN, through settings... it said it was 'running stable' O_o The HELP page on the MSN thing wasn't much help either, it didn't have anything in there pertaining to my problems.

Now, onto HOTMAIL. I have my primary email account on there, and it's rather annoying that i cannot sign in. I can't get past the "sign in" page... it always says "cannot find server" after i log on =(

The weird thing is, I've deleted all my cookies on this brower, ran a gazillion anti-virus/spyware/adware stuff (all of them deleted)... and I'm still having problems with HOTMAIL/MSN.

My friends have logged me on their computers just fine, but it won't work with mine. (It worked for 2 seconds after i deleted my cookies from my computer, then it went back to the same crap).

THESE problems keep arising with my computer... what can i do about all that i listed?

Help. :o :?: :( :eek:

~ JiNi

sorry... i can't find the "edit" button anywhere...

Anyways... since then, I've deleted and uninstalled MSN messenger, and re-loaded up MSN Beta onto my comp.

It's still the same crap... :sad: My system is running and stable (msn), but i can't log in for some reason...

-On this ScreenShot... notice the log-in thingie... it's all stretched and weird... (it was doing that before, when all the problems started)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Precious_JiNi/Betalogin.jpg[/IMG]

And once again... THIS is what i'm stuck with... but this time the 'system is unavailable' ::: cries :::

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Precious_JiNi/MSNbeta.jpg[/IMG]

ok first of all u made a big mistake. Ok heres how to get ur pc working proporly again. Wipe ur entire hard drive again and the reinstall windows XP. Now after u've reinstalled it log into windows xp as Administrator and MAKE ur internet connection, BUT DO NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. JUST mAkE THE CONNECTION!!!!!!

Then after u just MADE the connection(don't connect) do this:

You must be logged on as an Administrator

In Control Panel, double-click Networking and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections

Right-click on the internet connection you would like to enable ICF to, and then click Properties.

On the Advanced tab, click the box to select the option to Protect my computer or network
Click OK

This will stop all the VIRUSES AND WORMS from entering ur pc.

Then click on START, then click on WINDOWS UPDATE and update ur pc with ALL The updates. After this ur pc will be fully protected(Updates may take up to 12 hours to download on a dial-up modem because there is a huge security update that will protect ur pc from anything).

AFter the updates are finished go to http://messenger.msn.com and download and install msn messenger and it'll log in.

If u have any trouble u can email me here:
rydaz2003@hotmail.com

I'm a New Boy here and guess what I've got a problem (surprise, surprise).

My OS is XP with a 2.8 Gig CPU and 512 Meg Ram. I use Messenger 6.2 as my home page and use Hotmail for e-mails.

For over a week I've been unable to connect to Hotmail from Messenger. Each time I'm taken to that "Can You See That Picture" screen. When I match the alpha-numeric code there and press "Continue" I'm taken to another "Can You See That Picture" screen. The only way I connect to Hotmail is via Favourites but then I find I cant send e-mails or reply to them.

I know my PC is OK cos' I opened a new Account and it worked OK from there.

I've sent four messages to M$N but without any reply. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do next?

Rog

Dude your ace

2. Click 'Run'.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Omg Matt ... Thanks alot .. you are one lifesaver ..

does anyone have a solution for this problem, i can access any site except hotmail and msn, therfore my inbox. thank you

wow it looks like everyoe is off for the last 24 hours, no feed backs. i still have the problem. but , if i launch my AOL, The IE works fine. by the way i'm connected trought cable. thankx

MSN is down atm. They do this. Sometimes firewalls, cookies, windows security settings and network settings (if you are on a network) can affect these things. Usual is just updating windows (if any updates are released), reinstalling MSN and checking your settings.

Also, being patient and leaving msn for a few days can help.

If u can sign into other websites and not hotmail do this:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.

2. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the TOOLS menu, then
INTERNET OPTIONS, then click the ADVANCED tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is UNCHECKED(if it's CHECKED then UNCHECK IT). Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' are CHECKED(if there UNCHECKED then CHECK them) then click OK.

3. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
(don't forget the "SPACE" between regsvr32 and softpub.dll)

then click OK
and do the same for the following:
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll

Then try signing into MSN Messenger and the Hotmail website again.

Now everyone who is having problems with msn messenger or hotmail should go here:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=msn&slcid=US

click on msn.messenger

then click on NEW POST

post ur question. The msn techies WILL NOT email u personally. they will post the answer in the newsgroup in 3 HOURS. So after u post ur message it WILL NOT show up until u sign in again in 3 HOURS.!!!!!!

I have been experiencing log-in problems with my Hotmail Account from Internet Explorer 6, Mozilla, and Netscape. I finally downloaded MSN 7. It will allow me to access only one of my hotmail accounts (for some reason) and an MSN account. It is cumbersome--to log into your email account, you have to log-in to the browser. So if you wish to check multiple accounts, you must log out of the browser first, and re-log in as a new user. I think it is the dumbest scheme that I have come accross, and will merely push me into using yahoo for my email accounts, and use other browsers (prior to this, I used MSN 6 for 90% of my browsing).

I am an economist, what MSN is attempting to do is drive other browsers out by controling access to hotmail accounts; moreover, I suspect that the reason they want you log into the browser first is to track user use. They are attempting to employ monopolistic power, forcing users to use the MSN browser. However, I believe they will find that their rigid controls will drive users into using other browers (e.g. Netscape, Mozilla, Opera), and alternative email accounts.

If you want to protest this, the protest is simple. Don't use MSN 7, use something else. If you must use it only for your email accounts, and...transition those accounts to another provider.

I had the same problem: hotmail and msn messenger not connecting, games not connecting to servers.
But i managed to fix it by doing this:
Go to internet 'Tools' button, and go to 'internet options'. Then go to the 'Advanced' tab, and then scroll down to the 'Security' section. Then try unchecking the 'Check for server certificate revocation', and the 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication' options. (Both options should have the 'requires restart' description to them.
Hope this helps

I had the same problem: hotmail and msn messenger not connecting, games not connecting to servers.
But i managed to fix it by doing this:
Go to internet 'Tools' button, and go to 'internet options'. Then go to the 'Advanced' tab, and then scroll down to the 'Security' section. Then try unchecking the 'Check for server certificate revocation', and the 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication' options. (Both options should have the 'requires restart' description to them.
Hope this helps

Hi,

No luck I'm afraid.

This issue started a couple of months ago and has now stopped me logging into anyone's hotmail address on this PS .. I have up to date Adaware and AVG anti virus and spyblaster delpoyed. Although no firewall.

Anyway symptoms are as follows:-

type in www.msn.co.uk

Main screen appears OK except top right hand corner which is white with following message

! Action canceled.
Internet Explorer was unable to link to webpage requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

If I then click on the hotmail link on MSN .. it brings up the usual sign in page asking for address and password.

Type in the relevant details (for any hotmail account) - press OK

and I get a pure white display except for address bar which has this VERY Long address

https://loginnet.passport.com/ppsecure/post.srf?id=2&svc=mail&cbid=24325&msppjph=1&lc=2057&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehotmail%2Emsn%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fsbox%3F%5Flang%3DEN%266c6f7264%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emsn%2Eco%2Euk&bk=1116537306

In the past I got round this by typing www.hotmail.com into the address box and it would open up .. But now it just returns to the sign in page requesting password to be re-entered .. etc etc .. ad infinitum .. until system becomes unstable .. and blue screen death.

Any ideas ??

Please advise

thanks

Des

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.