I am considering using stormpay to receive and send money online.Does anyone have experience with it?Is it a credible payment system.I saw somewhere that they are the 2nd largest payment system after Paypal is it true?

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

I am considering using stormpay to receive and send money online.Does anyone have experience with it?Is it a credible payment system.I saw somewhere that they are the 2nd largest payment system after Paypal is it true?

I've been using www.StormPay.com for over 2 years without any problems. Fees are a little high but I just build the fees into my prices like you'd do with any expense. StormPay seems to accept more of the higher risk stuff so I suppose their fees are probably based on that.

I sell digital products/downloads and StormPay is great because they are available to more countries than PayPal. Support is better too. If I contact them I usually get a reply same day.

I have been with stormpay for yrs, and have used them to purchase on their auctions as well as to purchase product on sites as well to sell products. I have the monies transferred on to a stormpay debit card, which takes usually less than 24 hrs to complete the transaction. Stormpay is NETIBA certified, which I like, and they are very responsive.

They have over 2 million members I think, and if you are after a referral payment program, they reward you well for promoting them. Personally I would not promote anything I do not use on a regular basis.

I know this is long, but stormpay is safe and reliable and is giving paypal a run for their money, and all competition is good for the consumer.

tip for those abroad, add a zero infront of the phone number (you may have too few digits). Unlike PP you can get a stormpay account in minutes.

hope this helps

http://www.stormpay.com/?1070
please ignore my referral link if it offends you

StormPay is the best payment processor.
Now with a pay per click system [img]http://tinypic.com/ke9oqo.gif[/img]

www.StormPay.com

Can any one explain why StormPay hasn't responded in the last 3 days and why their site is down? Did this company up and move and decide not tell anyone? Has anyone heard any positive feedback coming from StormPay? Is StormPay and NetIBA in bed together?

Hello
Stormpay's site is not down. They are responding to emails, they responded to one of mine in about 30 mins yesterday.
You may have some difficulty logging in as their traffic is way up.

There does seem to be an issue with stormpay and 12dp, but until we have heard both sides of the story it would be prudent not to bash a very reliable processor who is looking out for the general public and taking a stand against fraud.

Just my 2 cents worth. Netiba and stormpay are not one and the same company.

Hello
Stormpay's site is not down. They are responding to emails, they responded to one of mine in about 30 mins yesterday.
You may have some difficulty logging in as their traffic is way up.

There does seem to be an issue with stormpay and 12dp, but until we have heard both sides of the story it would be prudent not to bash a very reliable processor who is looking out for the general public and taking a stand against fraud.

Just my 2 cents worth. Netiba and stormpay are not one and the same company.

Hello Dani,

Actually Stormpay and NetIBA are one in the same. They share the same address, same city. Also it's not just 12DP it's all the other companies out there as well that are stranded because Stormpay has all of a sudden changed their mind from when they put their foot down on Monday and required companies to have no other payment processors, which stranded every one. I have e-mailed Stormpay 2 times and they have yet to respond to any of them one of which is 6 days old. I of course called them and left a message on their answering machine and I wonder if they will even bother calling me back, there is a lot of concern at least 12DP is giving feedback Stormpay doesn't have the common courtesy to update their system and give us their side. I appreciate your quick response now I can only hope Stormpay at least responds so it will give us all a peace of mind that everyone is in desperate need of.

hello

I know that netiba and stormpay are both in Clarksville, but they have different addresses and different owners.

As I have had nothing but great experiences with stormpay, I am not going to push them into the fire until I hear their side of all of this.

Maybe it was not their own choice that they had to suspend processing the 12dp's and similar programs out there?

After all 12dp is now making news headlines:

ABC4 News clip

and if ABC news knows about 12dp, who else does?

Charis may have made her intentions known about the future of 12dp when she started to write about her new program launching soon.........If 12dp is so wonderful, why would she need a new program?

Who knows, but when you look at the numbers, they really do not add up.

Personally I am remaining calm, and I think only good will come from all this shake up.

I know that netiba and stormpay are both in Clarksville, but they have different addresses and different owners.

Being in Clarksville isn't the only similarity Stormpay and NetIba share. This is from the BBB.

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Mr. John R. McConnell, Jr. - Registered Agent

John R. McConnell, Jr. is also listed in BBB files as the registered agent of NetIba, Inc. BBB maintains a seperate file on NetIba, Inc. which is available, free, upon request.

As far as Stormpay being credible I suggest you avoid their BBB report if you to depend on information from anonymous message board sources. :cool:

:!: :!: :!:

StormPay turned scam a couple days ago, all of their checks are bouncing and their accounts have been frozen. They stole $200 from my bank account and have ripped of countless others in the past week.

February 5th and the site is still down. I have been a member since September and it has been one big pain in the neck. It is a scam operation when you have to wait 5 business days to get your money because you are not verified. And in order to be verified, you have to pay NETba a yearly fee. NETba accepts both PayPal and StormPay as verified online payment accounts. So, one would figure that if one is verified at PayPal, the same would be true at StormPay. Right? WRONG! The only reason why I went to StormPay is because PayPal would accept certain accounts. Now I am beginning to understand why. Storm Pay is a scam.

February 5th and the site is still down. I have been a member since September and it has been one big pain in the neck. It is a scam operation when you have to wait 5 business days to get your money because you are not verified. And in order to be verified, you have to pay NETba a yearly fee. NETba accepts both PayPal and StormPay as verified online payment accounts. So, one would figure that if one is verified at PayPal, the same would be true at StormPay. Right? WRONG! The only reason why I went to StormPay is because PayPal would accept certain accounts. Now I am beginning to understand why. Storm Pay is a scam.

Correction to the last part;
Make that
"The only reason why I went to StormPay is because PayPal would not accept certain accounts. Now I am beginning to understand why. Storm Pay is a scam!"

I put 125 dollars in StormPay at about the same time as this fight between StormPay and 12Daily Pro occured (which I did not know of then). What is annoying is that the only reason for me to put the money in was to invest it in 12 Daily Pro.

What should I do now? Wait until things calm down or withdraw the money from Stormpay?

Do a chargeback with your credit card company. By the looks of things, they won't let anyone withdrawl any money and the checks they are sending are bouncing.

Stormapy is a Scam

They have Frozen over 200 million dollars of members money in the auto surf industry. :eek: :eek:

After doing bussiness with these companies and happily taking their fees they have frozen all accounts :evil: :evil:

stompay checks are bouncing all over the place and they refuse to give members back any sort of refund :( :mad:

Stormpays site has been down almost 24 hours now. This isn't a ddos attack. When you ping the site, there is no return. Stormpay is not connected to the internet at all right now. Regardless of how all this turns out, it was handled very badly by Stormpay.

My guess is that someone hopefully is keeping track of the owner of stormpay. I suspect that money may be offshore by now. Maybe we should ask ibizniz...where the money iz

I put 125 dollars in StormPay at about the same time as this fight between StormPay and 12Daily Pro occured (which I did not know of then). What is annoying is that the only reason for me to put the money in was to invest it in 12 Daily Pro.

What should I do now? Wait until things calm down or withdraw the money from Stormpay?

:evil: I had 56 dollars in storm pay and wanted to withdraw it to my checking account and instead they withdrew $56. from my account. I put in a ticket. Now I have been trying to even get to the site from 3 different computers at my house and cannot get there... it is timming out. They owe me the 2x $56. plus what they owe me from 12DP. Good luck getting your money.

I just checked & StormPay is at their usual address-www.stormpay.com. They even let me log in & access my account. My $4 is still there - earned from Stormclix. However, I don't dare withdraw it for fear they will do something like take money from my bank account rather than give me my money!

Their site is extremely slow, but holy cow! - Stormclix is working, with tons of 1 cent clicks available. That's really funny! Do I bother to click to earn non-existent money? I'll give it a try. . . it's acting like it's going to open the link but is like taking forever! Very interesting . . .

I have to say I recieved money over a week ago ( $50) they took out over a dollor ok understandable.. It showed up in my account, Then stormpay was down a few days ago. I now went into my account just last night to withdraw my money that was sent to my account by a buyer. And all the money ($47.25 )money was cleared out ,taken!! Stolen. I wrote them (ticket)they claim my money never was in there.Funny I have the notice that was sent to me that someone sent me $50. I saw it myself but I did not touch it. I didnt touch it where did it go!! Now it says in my account history nothing 0 !!!Thieves :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any charge backs or claims made against Stormpay need to be done immediately as they are filing bankruptcy, per a credit card company. A charge back request was made and the credit card company called and said that StormPay is filing BK. (NetIBA was started by StormPay and ran by StormPay)

Steve Girsky
StormPay, Inc
1690 Golf Club Lane
Clarksville, TN 37043
Telephone: (931) 647-8750
Fax: (931) 647-8970

Stormpay Office:
(931) 647-8750 ext. 105

Girsky, Steven C (office)
121 S Third St
Clarksville, TN 37040-3403
(931) 647-1501

Registered Agent and President:
Name: JOHN R. MCCONNELL, JR.
Address Line 1: 1690 GOLF CLUB LANE
City: CLARKSVILLE
State: TN
Zip: 37043
Telephone: (931) 647-8750
Fax: (931) 647-8970

hello

As I have had nothing but great experiences with stormpay, I am not going to push them into the fire until I hear their side of all of this.

Maybe it was not their own choice that they had to suspend processing the 12dp's and similar programs out there?

After all 12dp is now making news headlines:

ABC4 News clip

and if ABC news knows about 12dp, who else does?

Charis may have made her intentions known about the future of 12dp when she started to write about her new program launching soon.........If 12dp is so wonderful, why would she need a new program?

Who knows, but when you look at the numbers, they really do not add up.

Personally I am remaining calm, and I think only good will come from all this shake up.

netiba and stormpay are both owned by j.mcconnell.

the same person who got told off for running a ponzi scheme a few years back. stormpay have just done chargebacks on all my funds since they had this trouble from the ponzi schemes, they have done so much to assist. my company is VAT registered and sends every parcel by signed for mail. also some of the customers have been doing business with my company for 3 years, so i know they are genuine.

i will be taking them to court along with 1000s of others. stormpay is not a safe payment system and i believe the person i quoted above works for them.

if you have a stormpay account, spend your funds asap. dont bother trying to withdraw them. it is a scam

StormPay is a fraud! I wouldn't trust them with any money right now. 3 weeks after I got paid for services rendered and I delivered the product, they just sent me a "Chargeback" notification saying the transaction did not go through. 3 WEEKS AFTER THE TRANSACTION! Now my account has a debit. Get your money out of StormPay as quick as possible. They are frauds!

This is just one of the forums/websites I've seen that are worried about StormPay. I suggest you remove any credit card and/or bank you have listed with them, spend your funds asap and then close your account. I live in the UK and had a debit card listed with them. At one point, I couldn't log in for days to delete it, but I finally manage it. Also, tell your bank/credit card company not to approve any payment to StormPay.

Today I got notified by Storm Pay that I've received a commission payment into my account there. I am unable to get into the site. I guess it's still down? Has anyone heard anything new since all the hoopla from 12dp? I haven't heard anything new yet.

DianeD

I sent the following letter to multiple government agencies and news media (see the ccs in the letter). I realize that most of this information has already been posted (mostly by me) but my goal is to get the government investigating them and the news media to pay attention!

March 15, 2006

Commissioner for Securities
State of Tennessee,
Department of Commerce and Insurance
enforcement@sec.gov

To Whom It May Concern:

Subject: StormPay, Inc. and John R. McConnell, Jr. in violation of Cease and Desist Order, File No.: 03-020, Dated August 7, 2003; http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/securities/documents/TymGlobal08072003.pdf

Mr. John R. McConnell, Jr., residing at 4975 Shadowbend Cr., Clarksville, TN 370431 is the registered agent of StormPay, according to the Tennessee Secretary of State Business Search, http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/soscorp/details.jsp. Mr. Steven C. Girsky2, residing at 4987 Shadowbend, Clarksville, TN 37043 is the CEO and customer service contact for StormPay. StormPay (www.stormpay.com) is located at 1690 Golf Club Lane, Clarksville, TN 370433. Mr. John R. McConnell, Jr. and StormPay, Inc. are in violation of the above-mentioned Cease and Desist order.
In the cease and desist order, Point #5 under the paragraph, “NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, it is ORDERED that, states:

"The Respondents shall cease and desist, from and in the state of Tennessee, in the present and future conduct of employing any device, scheme, or artifice to defraud, making any untrue statement of a material fact or omitting to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which they are made, not misleading, or engaging in any act, practice or course of business which operates or would operate as a fraud or deceit upon any person."

On StormPay’s website, under fees (http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/about_us.php?v=f), the following is displayed:

"Receive Payments: Non NetIBA** Certified: 6.9% plus 69 cents; NetIBA** Certified accounts: 2.9% plus 39 cents. **NetIBA – NetIBA is a third-party validation service who validates the identities behind the e-mail address. NetIBA Certification is quick and easy. For more information, click here (link to www.netiba.com)." [Bolding is mine]

Under FAQS (https://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/helpdesk.php?view=faq&cat=4&faq=25),

"NetIBA Certified:
NetIBA ( http://www.netiba.com) certification is the preferred method for account certification. NetIBA is a third party verification service who verifies the identity behind e-mail addresses, auction usernames, and website domain names. StormPay members who are NetIBA Certified have completed NetIBA’s simple, yet thorough, identity screening process. NetIBA provides a place in their registration application to inform them that you are a StormPay member. Once certification is completed at NetIBA, NetIBA will contact StormPay to upgrade your account status. If NetIBA certified prior to obtaining a StormPay account, please contact us to include your StormPay account ID and NetIBA certification number by selecting the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Visit NetIBA at http://www.NetIBA.com NetIBA Certified accounts may deposit up to $2,000.00 with a credit card, or $10,000 with a checking account per rolling* 30 days."

Other benefits of NetIBA certification include, a) customers are allowed to deposit larger sums of money into their accounts, b) purchasing from a NetIBA certified vendor allows customers to utilize the StormPay Purchaser Protection Program4, and c) in the Stormclix program (a paid to click program), customers are able to view all the listings. This means NetIBA certified customers have the ability to make more money than customers that are not NetIBA certified.

According to findlaw’s online dictionary5, a third party is “a person other than the principals. Similar definitions found on the net include “A general term that includes anyone not a party to a contract, agreement, instrument, etc.,6 and “Persons who are not parties to a contract which affects an interest they have in the object of the contract.7

Thus, to the average consumer interested in StormPay’s services, there is an apparent advantage in becoming NetIBA certified. Granted, it costs $19.95 to certify an email address for one year. Moreover, "NetIBA specifically disclaims any warranty . . . v) that the security methods used in providing services will be sufficient, or (vi) regarding correctness, accuracy or reliability of software, hardware, internet connections, or data of NetIBA." However, when you join NetIBA, you are “automatically enrolled in NetIBA's affiliate program. When you refer others to NetIBA you receive $5 for every sale you refer! NetIBA also proudly displays their own logo (have they certified themselves?). Despite being NetIBA certified, StormPay no longer displays the NetIBA logo.

The NetIBA logo disappeared from StormPay’s website not long after it was discovered and posted in multiple forums that StormPay and NetIBA were deceiving people. It turns out that Mr. John R. McConnell, Jr. is the registered agent, the principal officer, and the customer service contact of NetIBA. The Better Business Bureau registered NetIBA’s office at 2115 Ashland City Road, Clarksville, TN, 37043. However, performing a reverse search at http://www.whitepages.com on NetIBA’s contact number, (931) 905-0112, shows their address as being 1690 Golf Club Lane, Clarksville, TN 37043 – the same address as StormPay!

Furthermore, according to the Tennessee Property Data, the owner of 1690 Golf Club Lane is John R. McConnell, Jr.8 (Also interesting, while not illegal, is that John R. McConnell, Jr. and Steven Girsky are neighbors. According to Google maps, they live 168 ft, or 4 seconds, apart.)

So this means that StormPay:
1) Deceives people into thinking that StormPay is certified by a third party validation service (when StormPay is really certifying itself).
2) Deceives customers into believing they are being certified by a third party (which NetIBA obviously is not) - which basically means StormPay thinks you are more trust worthy if you pay them more money (but you’re less trustworthy if you deposit more money).
3) Encourages customers to pay them (in the guise of NetIBA) $19.95 a year so that customers are not charged as much anytime customers receive money.
4) Only provides purchaser protection when customers use a vendor that is NetIBA certified and advertising for NetIBA, “The vendor you transacted with must display their NetIBA (www.netiba.com) certification on their website or auction listing.
5) Deceives customers into paying $19.95 a year so that customers have the opportunity to make more money in the Stormclix program. Since StormPay also has a referral (affiliate) program, is this some type of pyramid/ponzi scheme?

In addition, StormPay blatantly approves a ponzi scheme as seen on this website: http://www.asseenon-tv.com/indexsp.html. The first paragraph says, “Make 31,250 Cash in 60 Days with StormPay Guaranteed! This website also displays the NetIBA validation logo. Although I have heard rumors that StormPay owns this site, I do not have any proof of that.

Other actions by StormPay, while questionable, may be legal. For example, StormPay tried to become a monopoly by sending out an email, stating that they were changing their TOS so that program owners using StormPay could not use any other payment processor. The program owner then had to “choose whether to stop doing business with all payment processors except StormPay or to stop doing business with StormPay. I am not familiar with the monopoly laws, so this may be legal. However, StormPay is not consistent with this policy. StormPay continues to let StudioTraffic (www.studiotraffic.com) use multiple payment processors:

From StudioTraffic’s website:

"StudioPay is our in-house payment processor. All StudioTraffic earnings must first be withdrawn to your StudioPay account, and then sent to you via your choice of payment processors, including check, electronic bank transfer, E-gold, StormPay, and many more." (http://www.studiotraffic.com/faq_pay.php)

"When you upgrade with PayPal or with a Credit Card, you will be contacted by one of our authorized third-party resellers to complete the transaction." (http://www.studiotraffic.com/faq_earnupgrade.php)

My objective in writing this letter is to bring StormPay to the attention of federal agencies that can properly investigate StormPay and determine if StormPay is committing fraud, thereby violating the cease and desist order of 2003. If this is the case, I hope that the appropriate maximum legal punishment is imposed, as the original cease and desist order was only a temporary deterrence.

Additionally, I hope to bring StormPay to the attention of the national media (who I assume will do their own research to verify my statements before reporting them). My intention is for the media to expose the questionable activities of StormPay so that StormPay does not defraud more people before the completion of a government investigation.

Although StormPay stated in January that they were under investigation by the FBI, I have not found any official statements verifying this. Since I could not verify this, I felt it important to notify various government agencies in hopes of reaching the correct agency and prompting an investigation. If StormPay is already under investigation, then I apologize for any inconvenience.

Neither StormPay nor NetIBA has monetarily injured me. I am not seeking any type of compensation. However, they did briefly deceive me. John R. McConnell, Jr. and Steven Girsky have committed fraud through the relationship between StormPay and NetIBA. I have read numerous accounts of people that have been defrauded and monetarily injured. These accounts can be read on the following forums: getpaidforum.com, talkgold.com, topix.net, no-scam.com, http://scam-warnings.com, and boycottstormpay.com. There were also complaints on http://www.forums.12dailypro.com/. I do not know if that forum is “working again – I am not and have never been a member of the forum or the autosurf.

Other sites with information you might find useful include www.stormpayfraud.com and www.mystormpaylawsuit.com.

Additionally, I hope StormPay gains the attention of the international media, to prevent additional members of the international community from being defrauded, see here: http://www.dailyindia.com/show/4590.php.

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance. I have many bookmarks of sites with information. Recently I have also been taking screen shots of various parts of StormPay in case they change again, as well as some other sites. I am happy to provide anything that I can. I would prefer to keep my real name and address private if possible. Thus, I have not included them in this letter. I will gladly provide this information in cooperation with any government agency that requires it. Please email me at -- to request this information or ask any other questions.

Respectfully,
Mystery

cc: (ccs emailed individually)
• Securities Division - TN
• FBI - NC, Kevin Kendrick
• FBI - TN, Knoxville
• FBI - UT
• US Department of Justice and Attorney General
• Comptroller of the Currency, Administrator of National Banks
• Greg Gonzales, Acting Commissioner of Financial Institutions – TN
• Division of Consumer Affairs – TN
• Department Consumer & Business Services, Unlicensed Money Transfer – OR, C. Gail Smith
• Department of Justice - OR
• ABC 4 News: brent@abc4.tv
• ABC 3 WWAY: ahenning@wwaytv3.com
• Eye Witness News - TN: newsdesk@myeyewitnessnews.com
• The Leaf Chronicle: jimmysettle@theleafchronicle.com, markhicks@theleafchronicle.com, and heatherdonahoe@theleafchronicle.com
• The Charlotte Observer: tlonefight@knightridder.com
• Wall Street Journal: b.grueskin@wsj.com
• Information Week: ptravis@cmp.com
• Newswithviews.com: BAFFauthor@aol.com
• Journalnow.com: news@wsjournal.com
• Thomas F. Lennon, Inc.: tfl@tlennonfor12dailypro.com
• Help for StormPay Victims: help@stevegirsky.com

Online complaint forms that may receive this letter:
• Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
• Federal Trade Commission: https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
• Better Business Bureau: http://complaint.bbb.org/
• Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee: http://www.gobbb.org/complaint.html/
• Department of Commerce and Insurance: http://www.tennessee.gov/consumer/ccp.html

References:
1 http://170.142.31.248/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=063; in the owner name box type McConnell
2 http://170.142.31.248/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=063; in the owner name box type Girsky
3 http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/soscorp/details.jsp
4 http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/about_us.php?v=pp
5 http://dictionary.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/results.pl?co=dictionary.lp.findlaw.com&topic=09/09d62af196f1d025eb1597673ab94486
6 www.mtgmortgages.com/glossaryT.htm
7 www.sanderco.com/Glossary%20Pages/T.htm
8 http://170.142.31.248/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=063; in the address box type Golf Club; Scroll down to McConnell

An interesting updated resource can be also the stormpay report at the FTA. And also their stormpay update where they claim to know from an unnamed source that stompay money transmitter license will not be granted renewal. Hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.