hi
i have installed iis in my laptop that is running a windows 7 prof os and i have been trying to run asp pages and i am not able to do it.. i get the error message saying "the requested url not found on this server"..what can i do to correct it?

thanks in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

i have same problem like this

i have windows 7 ,
i installed iis in my pc and and then i gone to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myweb and writen my asp program
and saved as dd.asp
my program is

<html>
<body>
<%
response.write("Hello World!")
%>
</body>
</html>

then when i open it by double click. it seens like that

[img]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/meeal/Untitled-3.jpg[/img]

in this output i want to display only hello world

please say how i solve this problem?:idea:

wwwroot directory
works as the root (the place from where you start)

so any file inside it accessed directly after typing localhost

as localhost points directly to wwwroot directly

wwwroot directory
works as the root (the place from where you start)

so any file inside it accessed directly after typing localhost

as localhost points directly to wwwroot directly

Yes it does.

hi
i have installed iis in my laptop that is running a windows 7 prof os and i have been trying to run asp pages and i am not able to do it.. i get the error message saying "the requested url not found on this server"..what can i do to correct it?

thanks in advance..

My lecturer told me asp is only running on win 7 ultimate and mine worked great after i upgraded

You don't need windows ulitmate Marseline. Your lecturer is a dope.

1. On 64bit machines, you need to make sure that your application pool allows 32bit applications.

2. Make sure that your iis installation in 'turn on and off windows features' has asp ticked under world wide web services->Application Development features.

vsmash i would have agreed with you if my asp was working when i installed iis and activated all the windows features needed for iis but it didn't but it worked agter i upgrade but its cool anyway why does sesha not tell us what her solution was

No offence to you intended Marseline.
I have had classic asp run successfully on all windows 7 platforms from home premium to professional to ultimate, and both 32 and 64bit so all all I'm saying is upgrade is unnecessary - and your lecturer is wrong in saying that it is necessary.

I have had classic asp run successfully on all windows 7 platforms from home premium to professional to ultimate, and both 32 and 64bit so all all I'm saying is upgrade is unnecessary - and your lecturer is wrong in saying that it is necessary.

How good are you with asp and MYSQL? im looking for some final year project ideas what can you suggest?

First up if you need to work with MYSQL, download the odbc connectors. They are 32bit and dependant on 32bit application pool in classic mode.
I suggest you ditch asp because it has been ditched by microsoft in preference to .NET which has now graduated to c# Razor MVC. If you are comfortable with javascript you would probably be better using PHP with MYSQL.
If classic asp is your requirement then I recommend you dev a guestbook or something basic in MVC approach - that is keep your back end code in classes and functions, separate from your layouts. Read your layout snippets from a folder replacing variables in placeholders.

Can you maybe find me on facebook so you can help me with my project if you dont mind my facebook name is Marceline Vivian in from windhoek namibia

are you sure you hv iss and it is working and configurate iss search gogole windows 7 iss configuration you fing picture explain page

first you should intall iis and than make directory of your fils in a folder and than execute it on your local host. i am sure than it will run.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.