hello all,
i m making an online aptitude test website in ASP.NET using C#. ur help will be highly appreciated.

* 1st is that how can we display the time(we want to disply the time in digits while the student is taking test so that he can keep track of time) on a webpage.
* how can we change a page without refreshing it.(we have made one page on which all four sections will come. we want those sections to change after the alloted time has elasped. for e.g If a student is attemptimg a mathematics sections and 30 minutes has been passed, next section shud appear automatically.we donot allow student to take more than 30 minutes on one section).

Many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
The timer you can code up in JavaScript to run on the page. There's no need to use server-side code for that.

The changing sections without a page refresh will either require AJAX or, if you wanted to, you could conceiveably use plain JavaScript again to hide and disable sections of the page as the timer runs out and display the next one.

Hope that helps,

hello all,
i m making an online aptitude test website in ASP.NET using C#. ur help will be highly appreciated.

* 1st is that how can we display the time(we want to disply the time in digits while the student is taking test so that he can keep track of time) on a webpage.
* how can we change a page without refreshing it.(we have made one page on which all four sections will come. we want those sections to change after the alloted time has elasped. for e.g If a student is attemptimg a mathematics sections and 30 minutes has been passed, next section shud appear automatically.we donot allow student to take more than 30 minutes on one section).

Many thanks

Hi - I have put a couple videos on youtube that can help with this. Both show how to make calls and refresh the data in the web page without a postback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XzGwQkmzxk
How to make a call to a web service without having to reload the page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTytdOiZfX4

Good luck!

Ed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.