Hi there
can some one provide me with a tutorial to create a login in C#.NET MVC. i am using visual studio 2010 and i am new to this. I have a little bit of idea on MVC but when i try to come to create a login page (web page) i don't know where to call the LINQ query and where is the view going to be
plase can someone explain to me
appreciate a lot

thanxxx

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Have you taken a look at this page? If you check the security link, I suspect you'll find what you want.

Have you taken a look at this page? If you check the security link, I suspect you'll find what you want.

is there anything other than this? that i can get more details on

What more information do you need than a step-by-step tutorial with full source code?

What more information do you need than a step-by-step tutorial with full source code?

yeah

yeah

Yeah what?

Yeah what?

like i want to create a login validating the the username and the password from the database, so where do i add the validation code, where do i write the select query how to i use the MVC, i am also using the LINQ to SQL feature also so how do i do this
??

The webpage linked above has full source code and step by step instructions on how to do pretty much everything with MVC. Did you read it? Did you look at the Security section where they discuss the various ways of validating login information?

The webpage linked above has full source code and step by step instructions on how to do pretty much everything with MVC. Did you read it? Did you look at the Security section where they discuss the various ways of validating login information?

i'll go through again
thanx

hey i need some help,

i was doing the tutorial http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/create-a-movie-database-application-in-15-minutes-with-asp-net-mvc-cs
and in listing 5 there is a section
as

<fieldset>

<legend>Fields</legend>

<p>

<label for="Id">Id:</label>

<%= Html.TextBox("Id") %>

<%= Html.ValidationMessage("Id", "*") %>

</p>

but in my code it generated the view with the code as below

<fieldset>
            <legend>Fields</legend>

<div class="editor-label">
                <%= Html.LabelFor(model => model.Id) %>
            </div>
            <div class="editor-field">
                <%= Html.TextBoxFor(model => model.Id) %>
                <%= Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Id) %>
            </div>

the valiation in my code dosen't execute and when i add <%= Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Id,"*") %> it gives an error
plase can you explain to me,

and what does model=>model.Id means

appreciate a lot thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.