I created an application on asp.net using visual studio 2008 and i wanted it to run on IIS(Internet information server). but when you run it in the browser, it brings this error

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 1, Column 2:<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %>

the application runs well inside visual studio IDE, but brings error when uploaded on the server. what can I do in order to run it on browser ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Please read this post.

I recently was in your footsteps about two weeks ago. Check to make sure your application pool is running, the webpage in iis is not running on the same port as another application. If your application pool refuses to start, I had this problem when adjusting it to run on .net 4.0 reinstall .net and it will fix the problem.

you have to register asp.net with iis to do this you need to find aspnet_regiis which is located in this location [ if you have .net v4.0] 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319' .then navigate to that location in editor and type aspnet_regiis -i and press enter. this will register asp.net service with iis.

Am not sure you have asp.net installed" Try this:

To install asp.net on IIS, run:

> cmd as administrator
> %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.