1.11M Members

want to learn insert,update,delete with class file

plz explain complete step by step procedure to insert update and delete for asp.net2008 with c# and in built sql server.
plz tell me where to make object & class.
I am confused.

plz explain complete step by step procedure to insert update and delete for asp.net2008 with c# and in built sql server.
plz tell me where to make object & class.
I am confused.

Hi Rajendra,

Always split application, logic, database interaction in different layers for e.g. 3-tier architecture(Presentation - Data Access Layer - Database). So that it is easily maintainable in future.

If you are familiar with C#, you can
> First create a basic layout of ASP.NET application i.e. Design. Be sure what you want on what event.
> Create a database containing your tables, stored procedures and functions if any
> Create a new class library project containing Data Access Logic. In *.cs file you can write C# code.. You can add new item by right click on project and then choose add new item and select Code File.
> Add reference of DAL to ASP.NET application

Syntax: (Insert using query)

public static void insertRecordinDatabase(string query)

{

if (establishConnection())

{

if (con != null)

{

try

{

cmd = con.CreateCommand();                 //Create an object of sqlcommand class.

cmd.CommandText = query;                  //Pass command text to SqlCommand object.

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;      //Tell command type to text.

int rows = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();       //Return an integer value after executing query which represents number of row affected by query.

if (rows > 0)

Console.WriteLine("Number of rows affected by query  :  {0}", rows);

else

Console.WriteLine("No rows affected by your query.");

}

catch

{

Console.WriteLine("Invalid query.");

}

finally

{

if (con != null)

con.Close();

}

}

}

}

If you want to insert, update delete using SQLDataSource:
http://www.asp.net/data-access/tutorials/inserting-updating-and-deleting-data-with-the-sqldatasource-vb

Its simple, just read books. The truth is, not every detail can be explained to you here. We can help when you have difficulties while working

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: