Hi everyone, i am new in this Forum. I am from Greece so I'm sorry for my bad English.

I must create an "e-shop" website with Microsoft visual web developer 2010 and sql server 2008. I have done the database with sql, and the next step is make the website.

If anyone have pdf, videos or something else about how use visual web developer 2010 or the code of a website so i can change it and fit it at my website please send me...

thanks!:)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

To create the website you must first specify which language that you are comfortable to use as microsoft visual studio allows user to use more than 1 language.

you might want to visit www.asp.net/msdn.microsoft.com as here it contains a lot of resources more than any other websites.

Okay from what you're saying you'll need a lot of grounding in developing the application if it's 3 tired(front-end(interface),programming,database).I think its going to take u some time.First you need to know the server-side programming language you'll be using in .net(C# or Vb.net).Then you'll need to learn some database programming(extracting data from the database by creating queries on the fly).Then you'll need to learn to develop the interface(website) using html,css,javascript and some more technologies, if u want to do anything commercial its actully a host of technologies.Those are some of the normal ones.If possible i'd advice you to get a book on asp.net and general web design b4 you get started.If this is not an option try tutorials on search engines lyk google,bing etc.Good luck.

Hi again my friends... as i said in my first post, i have done the database... for my website, and now i must create the webpage!!

the language i must use is "xml", so if you have some sites or pdf files, that i can read to learn how create a site in microsoft web developer with xml, post it.

Hi again my friends... as i said in my first post, i have done the database... for my website, and now i must create the webpage!!

the language i must use is "xml", so if you have some sites or pdf files, that i can read to learn how create a site in microsoft web developer with xml, post it.

you can use xml for data inter change between module and application only you can`t able to develop page with script in .net you able develop in .aspx or cshtml or vbhtml only you can do

Christos,

You still need to choose what language are you going to use, either C# or VB.Net.

Hi, Cruize

Am interested in this discussion as am about to use Microsoft web developer for the first time, I like to use VB.net please reply me.

Christos,

You still need to choose what language are you going to use, either C# or VB.Net.

VB.net

thanks

Hi, Cruize

Am interested in this discussion as am about to use Microsoft web developer for the first time, I like to use VB.net please reply me.

:)

so if you learn anything or find something useful(pdf,videos etc) for Visual Web Developer 2010 post it... so do I.

I am looking for a prototype website in xml code... so i take it and build my website on it... because i can't start from nothing!!!

if someone knows or have something please reply me!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.