Hi guys, I'm not very good with ASP but atually I need to fix some stuff and I'm encountering weird problem when I tried to connect to Access database into my localhost.

Actually when I do something like this:

conn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & server.MapPath("/cms/db/cms.mdb")

I return this error:

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Nome origine dati non trovato e driver predefinito non specificato.

/mguard_download.asp, riga 104"

It means that "Source data is not found and default drive is not specified"
Actually ASP is running on IIS 7.5 and if I try an "Hello World" I get it... I even know that the code is ok because on another IIS (other pc) the same page goes pretty well!

So... the question is.... what the heck is going on? Some misconfiguration?

Thanks all

Shella

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi with all due respect,Think about migrating to ASP.NET and SQL server.That's where the fun is and the party is bigger classic asp kinda passed by time.Chill out im just saying!!

Yes I imagine. Actually I work with PHP/MySql and this update job is just a request by a customer. I can't tell them the same you say to me ;-)

Anyway I still have this problem. It's nosense, it seem something connected with pool and permission...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.