Hi to All,

Actually i am working on social network cum portfolio site, in which one can able to display his/her artwork to the all users.

For e.g : Deviantart.com, Shadowness.com, etc.

Now i have login system for users as well as profile page for each individual users.

But now i don't have any idea that how to display them on home page.

1. Either By using Repeater Control in Asp.net or Grid view ?

2. How i store multiple images?
1. either by using Disk file system or In database column.

So please help me and suggest as much as possible relevant tutorials, helpful links,etc.

Thanks In Advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What do you want to display on the homepage? The users? If so, use asp:repeater to create a box for each one.

To store multiple images you can do it both ways, as you said it. But i prefer to store it on disk and store the file path in the database.

If you make a folder structure like this: ~/art/[user_name]/, you don't have to store the images names on the database. But reading the DB is much faster than reading the files on the disk.

So, i would create the folder structure, as above, and a table to store the paths.

Hope it helps.

What do you want to display on the homepage? The users? If so, use asp:repeater to create a box for each one.

To store multiple images you can do it both ways, as you said it. But i prefer to store it on disk and store the file path in the database.

If you make a folder structure like this: ~/art/[user_name]/, you don't have to store the images names on the database. But reading the DB is much faster than reading the files on the disk.

So, i would create the folder structure, as above, and a table to store the paths.

Hope it helps.

yep, thanks for reply but actually i am looking for some kind of tutorial which enable me how to do these kind of stuff.

Thanks

Sorry, i don't know any tutorials in that scenario, but Google knows a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.