Hi all, i have a scenario in which there are two subscribed users (to database) in my web app.......now if one of it wants to send a message (just like mail but not sms) to another without using any email account...... but with the help of that website and some magical method is it possible, if yes than what would be the magical method could be used to acheive this......I am a new bie therefore asking such questions???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you want them to send an actual email (i.e. the message appears in their email account) or send a message to the user the next time they access your app (message sent and held by your software)?

commented: thnaks +1

Dear hericles i don't want to send an actual mail what i want is.......
1. First of all i have registered two users say one is admin and the second one is an employee.....

2. Admin wants to send a notification to his employee of any kind, so what he do is to just select the employee's username from drop down list in my webpage and send him a message....and that message will stored in the database notification-table.............

3. On the other hand (employee's end) when he signed in, i will make a query something like that "select * from notification-table where username is equal to the current log-in username" if it has any notifications regarding to him than it was shown in a gridview, and when he clicks the view buton in the gridview his message will be shown to him....That's it...

NOW KINDLY TELL ME THAT WHETHER THE ABOVE PROPOSED SOLUTION IS LOGICAL OR NOT??????/

Its perfectly logical. It is how most sites handle their internal messages. There is no need to over think it. You can include all the functionality of emails (bcc, cc, attachments, replies, etc) as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.