Is it possible to have a gridview set for horizontal and have the header only one time along the left side vertically?

I have a gridview where the columns repeat depending on the number of items selected up to five. The details of each item will show in one vertical column rather than a horizontal row. What I find so far is that if I set the gridview to horizontal, the header repeats itself on each generated column. I want the header to show up only once along the left side of the gridview. I have tried other controls also but no satisfactory results yet.

Hope I am making some sense here.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Is it possible to have a gridview set for horizontal and have the header only one time along the left side vertically?

I assume you gotten the answer from ASP.net forum:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1771612.aspx/1

Yes - that is what we ended up doing.

As I recall I tried using the repeater, but the header was still not oriented correctly. I have the pivoted gridview working correctly now with the header down the left side and the columns as rows going across. My current issue I am working on is adding a button to cells in the pivoted row that will go to a url that is stored in the database when the button event is fired.
Thank you for your suggestions - I appreciate it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.