artemisxx 0 Newbie Poster

I'm working on highlighting repeater row. And then when i click on another row, the previous row becomes unhighlighted. So it's working, but only for a split second. Once the modalpopup appears, the highlight is gone. By the way, i have a linkbutton in every row that makes the modalpopup show, and i made all the labels inside the repeater as associatedcontrols of the linkbutton. So the texts inside the repeater all kind of serve as linkbuttons. I know that the highlight-unhighlight thing works because the effect persists when i only click on the areas without text. I know the postback caused by clicking the linkbutton removes the highlight made by javascript. What i want to know is, what can I do about it? Please help me.

Here's my code:

<script type = "text/javascript" >
        var T0;
        function CngClass(cls){
        this.lst=null;
        this.cls=cls;
        }

CngClass.prototype.CngClass=function(obj){
        if (typeof(obj)=='string') obj=document.getElementById(obj);
        if (this.lst) this.lst.className='';
        obj.className=this.cls;
        this.lst=obj;
        }    
    </script>

<style type="text/css">
        .selected
        {
            background-color: Red;
        }
    </style>

and then in the body it's like this:

<body onload="T0=new CngClass('selected');T0.CngClass('t0');">

then the itemtemplate of the repeater looks like this:

<ItemTemplate> 
        <tr id="t0" runat="server" onclick="T0.CngClass(this);" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='Gainsboro'" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor=''" style="cursor: pointer">
            <td><asp:Label ID="lblfullname" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "FULLNAME")%>' AssociatedControlID="lnkselect" />
                <asp:HiddenField ID="hiddenrecnum" runat="server" Value='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "RECORD_ID")%>' />
            </td>
            <td><asp:Label ID="lbldeptname" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "DEPT_NAME")%>' AssociatedControlID="lnkselect" /></td>
            <td><asp:Label ID="lbldivisions" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "DIVISIONS")%>' AssociatedControlID="lnkselect" /></td>
            <td><asp:Label ID="lblposition" runat="server" Text='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "POSITION")%>' AssociatedControlID="lnkselect" />
                <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkselect" runat="server" /></td>
        </tr>
    </ItemTemplate>