Hi, I am writting a program to let user generate excel file from the datagrid in web page. Below is the codes:

Private Sub ConvertToExcel(ByVal Data As ProductionScheduleData)

Dim stringwrite As New System.IO.StringWriter
            Dim htmlWrite As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(stringwrite)

GridExcel.RenderControl(htmlWrite)
            Response.Clear()
            Response.ClearContent()
            Response.ClearHeaders()
            Response.BufferOutput = True
            Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" + "ProductionSchedule" + ".xls")
            Response.Charset = ""
            Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"
            Response.Write(stringwrite.ToString())
            Response.Flush()
            Response.Close()
            Response.End()
 End Sub

The excel file was successfully generated. My problem is, after the file generated, the web page seem like still processing something. I can't do the next action, unless I reentry that page with new action. Did I miss something in my codes? It seem like the response does not fully close, or something else. I said that because the problem occured when it reach the codes line "Response.AddHeader".

Anyone can helps? Thanks in advanced.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

It seem like the response does not fully close, or something else. I said that because the problem occured when it reach the codes line "Response.AddHeader".

You can change this:

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" + "ProductionSchedule" + ".xls")

to this:

Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", string.Format("attachment;filename={0}.xls", fileName));
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.