i have a master page mp1.master,
i need it for almost 9 pages of my website.
but i have 6 pages which needs larger page height of same master page.
so what should i do whith my master page ? the only hting in need in other six pages is increased page height (vertical area). so is it possible to modify master page for other fields or wat ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

but i have 6 pages which needs larger page height of same master page.

need some clarification here...

Your master page should only contain those controls that are shared by all pages. In the event that you need a few variations of the master, its possible to "nest" your master pages. In other words, a master with the common controls, then a few "sub masters" that contain the rest of the controls that are shared by the child pages in each grouping.

In any event, you mention vertical height. This should not be a problem and shouldnt require any extra effort on your part.

In your master you have a content control which when you select the child pages, you place the content there. As long as you are not setting a fixed heigth for this content, the page height of the page displayed to the browser will be dynamic.

If I am off in my explanation, give more details so I can help.

ok ok ....got it. I got my answer in this line "As long as you are not setting a fixed heigth for this content, the page height of the page displayed to the browser will be dynamic."
so i turned Height from fixed to AUTO, and now my page is ajusting as many controls that i am putting. Thanks mate !!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.