Having this error appear when I hit a button in a gridview to unlock a user. The description with the error is
Description: For security reasons, the identity 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0' (under which this web application is running), does not have permissions to create the App_Data subdirectory within the application root directory. ASP.NET stores the Microsoft SQL Express Database file used for services such as Membership and Profile in the App_Data subdirectory of your application.

How do I fix this? also it says in the description SQL Express, I am not using express just the normal SQL server management studio. From searching online some of the answers have been to add <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=jorya_aspnetdb"/> to the web config file, tried this and it still didn't work, think its because for the connection strings it's for SQLExpress.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.