HI, I am developing a website which needs an option to copy and just paste the embed code to share any kind of video lets say youtube or cnn news, the embed code has to be copied and it should play in front end so basically i have a list of embed code and the user can select the news or any kind of video click them and view it in my site, so i have done till storing the embedcode in DB and plays in the frontend as well when clicked , my questions is it doesnt fit to the place where i put thm , i used datalist and a label to just retrieve and display the code and it plays, any advices to complete it,

thanks for your time,

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can use a iframe code to achieve this functionality.. Your embedd code should include this iframe inside which you could put the video link or video object... On the other end it is safe as well...

my questions is it doesnt fit to the place where i put thm , i used datalist and a label to just retrieve and display the code and it plays, any advices to complete it,

Can you clarify what you mean by this statement?

Also to validate what geniusvishal indicated about the iframe is correct. I've used this approach in the past where the video information is stored in a DB table. I use an iframe to show the content. Since you are developing in asp.net, the iframe is not a server side control, but if you add the runat="server" attribute, you can access the iframe's src attribute so that you can assign the video URL that you retrieve from your DB.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.