Hi,

I'm looking for a support chat system that I could integrate with my own web application. I've searched for a while and just found these two options:

As the first one has a developers license, it seems to me that the product is quite old and I'm not sure about being updated with new technologies (websockets). The second one doesn't have a dev license :\

The features that I'm looking for are:

• Proactive Chat (the operator can start a chat with the client)
  • Chat Transfer between operators
  • Chat Logging
  • Canned messages (if possible)

Does anyone knows another option?

Cheers!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

WebSockets aren't the be all and end all. In fact, using them will severely limit your customer exposure (IE 10, Firefox 6, Chrome 16 and Opera 12). People with older browsers won't be able to use it.

Chat systems don't have to be complicated. You can use some simple ajax and jQuery to achieve the desired affect on the clients and your driving force will be the database.

If you want to go with any, I'd personally check the references for your first example. They've listed quite a few high profile companies, which, if they are in fact customers, would only bolster their credentials.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.