Hi.

I have developed project using visual studio 2012 in vb code. Application is running fine in my local machine. But In server it will show the error once excuting

report. server is MS Server 2008 R2 with SP2. Here is the error .

This is my senario
Database: MSSQL 2005 express
Sever OS: Microsoft server 2008 R2 SP2
Project development : Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate

Error Message
An error occurred during local report processing.
The definition of the report 'Reports\DailyCollectionBYDATE_PRINT.rdlc' is invalid.
The definition of this report is not valid or supported by this version of Reporting Services. The report definition may have been created with a later version of Reporting Services, or contain content that is not well-formed or not valid based on Reporting Services schemas. Details: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Pls help me to solve

Maideen

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you just Need to place Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel into the bin/Debug directory of the installation folder.

may be you should check the version of reportviewer you are using in server and in local machine. As an alternative try copying these dlls from your local machine and place them in your applications bin folder. The dlls are
Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
Microsoft.ReportViewer.DataVisualization.dll
Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll
Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.