Is ASP.NET a good language to know for web development, if you don't use and .NET laguages. I understand that you can use c# with it to develop web apps, but I can already do everything I need and more in a webapp with python and sometimes ruby.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you don't want to use any .NET languages, then ASP.NET won't be useful to you. There's a little bit of a dependency there. ;)

Yes ASP.NET is a very good language for a web development.For getting knowledge about best ASP.NET one can go for myasp.net & can get the valuable information.

I understand that you can use c# with it to develop web apps, but I can already do everything I need and more in a webapp with python and sometimes ruby.

but those languages that you mentioned are among of the .NET languages e.g iron python, iron ruby and C# . It appears to me that you can do pretty much everything on them, you should not have any problem.

As far as

"Is ASP.NET a good language to know for web development",

ASP.NET is not a language. It is rather stands for Active Server Page or to make it short and easy to remember it is a framework that can work with the .NET languages. I highly favor C# over iron python and iron ruby, only for the reason of better community support.

I hope I did not create any confusion..

I've actually looked into .NET languages and such. Including ASP.NET and it's the most useful set of tools I've worked with in web development.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.