Hello all, I am currently working on our website, www.northpointbaptist.com, and we have recently updated it with a major overhaul of the site.

My question is that I would like to know how to implement a live video stream into it on a seperate page (where the user just clicks "Live video!" and it loads the stream on Windows Media Player).

I would like to know several things, first:

1) We currently record with a small digital Sony camera, it uses DVR. What specific type of special connections would I need to hook the camera up to the PC, so that the video being recorded on the camera is transferred to the PC, and where can I purchase them?

2) How would I get the video downloaded from the camera, uploaded to the internet as a live stream? I would like to embed Media Player into the site so that a user can click "Live Video", and they get to see what we are seeing on the camera.

3) (Not so important, but would like to ask) Is there any way to archive the videos as they are being recorded into a file on the computer, and then I could upload them to the site so that users can download it later, so if they miss a service then they could just download it?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

can anybody help on this.......?

So with all the experts this site advertises, all thats listed is essentially "good luck ..." Whats up with that???

You bring up a post that is almost 9 months old and cutting down the credibility of everyone that uses this site?

Kinda retarded if you ask me. Next time post and see if someone is here to help you.

For some info, use this tutorial and next time be a little nicer and maybe you will have a better response.

http://steveorr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx

Hello,

I am also hosting my church's website. Believe it or not, im a 15 yr old who really wanted to help his pastor by doing this. I have just started researching on putting live video on the website. I read that an FTP Server may be needed. Also, I got able to get the codes
for adding video to the website's page (windows media player). and for the link you want
saying "live video" should be easy just by having it like an "http" link.-almost forgot----
---heres a example of a real christian channel but its in spanish, i added it in the website's
home page.
mms://24.153.136.3:8181/
if you would like to view the website (its still on progress), then heres the link but again,
its in spanish.:
http://www.IglesiaAcresDeAmor.piczo.com/
If you got any ideas for the website, plz email it to me, i would appreciate it :)
[email snipped]

I think should help eachother for things like this that could someday make a difference.

Hello all, I am currently working on our website, www.northpointbaptist.com, and we have recently updated it with a major overhaul of the site.

My question is that I would like to know how to implement a live video stream into it on a seperate page (where the user just clicks "Live video!" and it loads the stream on Windows Media Player).

I would like to know several things, first:

1) We currently record with a small digital Sony camera, it uses DVR. What specific type of special connections would I need to hook the camera up to the PC, so that the video being recorded on the camera is transferred to the PC, and where can I purchase them?

2) How would I get the video downloaded from the camera, uploaded to the internet as a live stream? I would like to embed Media Player into the site so that a user can click "Live Video", and they get to see what we are seeing on the camera.

3) (Not so important, but would like to ask) Is there any way to archive the videos as they are being recorded into a file on the computer, and then I could upload them to the site so that users can download it later, so if they miss a service then they could just download it?

Thanks!

Hi I would like to add this to the collection... I have created an entire video on how to create and upload a video on youtube you can visit it here http://getrichwithdarren.com/web3.0 you will need to enter a username and password.
The Username: makingmoneyonlineis
The Password: easyas123

I also would like to give everyone here a chance to take advantage of a AWSOME Deal where you can also add streaming audio instantly to your website. Take a look and I am sure you will be pleasantly suprised! Good Luck with all of your Online Efforts and We'll See You at the Top, Not from the Top, Because you Definitely Deserve It! A Great Way to Add Audio to Your Website if you have your own hosting acct is... Then if you don't have a hosting acct for your website I have a Great Product for that as well you will want to check this out it practially FREE!!! Have a AWSOME Day!

Mate, that's a 5 years old THREAD! Plesae do not ressurect it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.