This one is general question..
Is it possible to hde ip address?

Well, there are many softwares available such as iphider, Hide-Platinum, etc. Will they really help in hiding the ip address.

Also, will using a proxy ip helps in hiding the original ip address?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

The only way to hide your IP is to use a proxy. The site will see the proxys IP instead. The internet wouldnt work if the site didnt know your IP (or else how would it send the web site to you when you ask for it?)

You can't hide your IP. You can use a different IP owned by a proxy server. Most ISP's host a proxy server. Using proxies is commonly referred to as hiding your ip but that is a misnomer you are just surfing from behind a different ip

Just 'hiding' your ip is not sufficient it will not protect you from port scanners it just keeps your IP out of anyone's logs. But you'll still be in the proxies' logs and certain authorities can obtain that if they suspect you've been up to no good.

It's not the IP itself that makes you vulnerable, it's the ports open on that IP that get exploited. A properly configured firewall that drops ANY inbound connection and drops ICMP will make your IP look down to any scanner.

Thank you very much. But I am having following doubt.

Suppose if original ip is : 98.67.124.124

and

proxy ip is : 124.56.78.90

Then is it possible trace the original ip?

You can't hide your IP. You can use a different IP owned by a proxy server. Most ISP's host a proxy server. Using proxies is commonly referred to as hiding your ip but that is a misnomer you are just surfing from behind a different ip

Just 'hiding' your ip is not sufficient it will not protect you from port scanners it just keeps your IP out of anyone's logs. But you'll still be in the proxies' logs and certain authorities can obtain that if they suspect you've been up to no good.

It's not the IP itself that makes you vulnerable, it's the ports open on that IP that get exploited. A properly configured firewall that drops ANY inbound connection and drops ICMP will make your IP look down to any scanner.

Thank you very much. But I am having following doubt.

Suppose if original ip is : 98.67.124.124

and

proxy ip is : 124.56.78.90

Yes but it's not trivial, and you have to have sufficient authority to get it legally.

So unless your dong something illegal you will be okay ;)

Dont use proxies for illegal torrenting etc... if thats what you are thinking - piracy is bad

So unless your dong something illegal you will be okay ;)

Dont use proxies for illegal torrenting etc... if thats what you are thinking - piracy is bad

>Dont use proxies for illegal torrenting etc... if thats what you are thinking - piracy is bad

- Ya piracy is BAD:-O

But, I am not into piracy or torrenting or such things. My friend asked me ragarding this topic of proxy and traing of IP, which has made me crurious of ip hiding concepts. So, thats why I am just clearing doubts..thats all. :icon_cool:

Okay :)

Yes but it's not trivial, and you have to have sufficient authority to get it legally.

I am having one more question.

How one can know whether a person is using the proxy ip or real ip?????

All public IP's (all the ones on the internet) are registered to someone or organisation. You can look them up using Who Is.

@Anupkumar,
Yes...Using VPN proxy your real IP and help to mask/hide it.I have used VPN while playing online games and choose a place nearby the game server.Through this I do get an uninteruppted connection while playing.I use Ip-details.com to confirm the change in IP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.