Hello,

I have a software package for monitoring warehouse transactions. I have a need to share information across many users in several different locations.I don't want to network the pc's i can't afford that. i however notice that putting the information online saves a lot of cost for me. I have also noticed the software uses a MSSQl database with 8 databases and several tables.

my options?

i have considered the following.

1. I have considered sharing the information by putting it up on the internet but i need anyone who can recommended the best possible means. How can i export the information to the internet is it possible to bulk copy the whole database and put it online...(noting that i would have to regularly update the database as the program is updated like creating triggers that transfer data on update)

2. isn't it possible to access the program directly by connecting to the pc with its IP address.and then forget about the first suggestion entirely.

what other options do you suggest?

Hello,

I have a software package for monitoring warehouse transactions. I have a need to share information across many users in several different locations.I don't want to network the pc's i can't afford that. i however notice that putting the information online saves a lot of cost for me. I have also noticed the software uses a MSSQl database with 8 databases and several tables.

my options?

i have considered the following.

1. I have considered sharing the information by putting it up on the internet but i need anyone who can recommended the best possible means. How can i export the information to the internet is it possible to bulk copy the whole database and put it online...(noting that i would have to regularly update the database as the program is updated like creating triggers that transfer data on update)

2. isn't it possible to access the program directly by connecting to the pc with its IP address.and then forget about the first suggestion entirely.

what other options do you suggest?

hello
abt ur first option i m totally confused, if u want to create a web sloution then u can do it, it doesnt seems any problem, wht exactly ur concern please explain
regarding ur second option there are many ways
u can install terminal service client on each of ur client machine and they can access ur server using the ip address
3-there is another option u can use Symentic PC any where as weel
take care
for any other concerns u can get back to me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.