Hi all,

I am getting an error in my application that reads:

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'set'

It only occurs in a database at a particular venue and only when the offending query/queries are run locally. I have restored the database on my PC and the queries run without a hitch. I can remote into their server and run the queries, again no problem. When a local user runs the queries, they get the above error.

The first time I saw it, the exception was being caught during an insert statement that didn't include a SET command - weird. But now it is occurring in a different place - this time an update query that does include a SET statement.

I believe the problem lies in either user access or the SQL instance itself, as no other venue has reported the problem. However I have been unable to narrow the issue down any further. Has anyone seen such weird behaviour before?

BTW the SQL instance is SQL 2008 R2 version.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions. I am completely stumped by this one!

Try to reproduce the error with a profiler running.
You can also make sure that there are no triggers firing.

Sorry, but for better ideas I'll need more data and from what I can tell you can't be more specific.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.