Cannot connect to x.

===================================

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

Hi I have a problem with connecting. i read a lot of posts and answers, but still I have problem. I have my host name and tried a few different solutions for instance name... I couldn't solve this problem. If you have any suggestions to try something else, please answer me. Thank for your time

Does your computer have access to the SQL Server? (Only applicable if SQL Server is located on a separate machine or server)

Is the login information correct? (username and password)

are you using an alias for the SQL Server? (Instead of <servername> using "SQL Server" which is set up as alias under named pipes for <servername>)

If you have more detail of the problem or what you have checked/changed we might be able to help more

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.