Trying to do Parameters for Report in Reporting Services from a database that's in mysql . My Where clause looks like this:

Where HD_TICKET.HD_QUEUE_ID="6"
WHERE HD_TICKET.CREATED BETWEEN [Start Date] AND [End Date]
GROUP BY (HD_PRIORITY.NAME)

I get this error:
ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.54-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE HD_TICKET.CREATED BETWEEN [Start Date] AND [End Date]
GROUP BY (HD_PRIORI' at line 133

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi wjperdue and welcome to DaniWeb

You have two where statements which is incorrect. What you need is a single where statement, with extra conditions OR'ed or AND'ed together, so:

WHERE HD_TICKET.HD_QUEUE_ID="6"
AND HD_TICKET.CREATED BETWEEN [Start Date] AND [End Date]

should be better. Change the first AND to OR if you want either condition to be true instead of both.

Duh...Thanks. That fixed my query...

Well now I have a new problem. My query will work if I hard code a date but if try to use a Parameter in Reporting Services to pass the Date to query I get nothing. Help needed.
Works:
Where (HD_TICKET.HD_QUEUE_ID)="6"
AND HD_TICKET.CREATED between Cast('02-01-2012' as datetime) and cast('05-10-2012' as datetime)

Doesn't Work:
Where (HD_TICKET.HD_QUEUE_ID)="6"
AND HD_TICKET.CREATED between Cast(@StartDate as datetime) and cast(@EndDate as datetime)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.