Guys,

Using this query, i got an error. any idea guys.
what method should i used for this report.
Im using text queries instead of SP.
thanks.

The variable name '@FromDate' has already been declared. Variable names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure.

Fromdate:'2012/06/01'
FromTime:12:00AM

Todate:'2012/06/29'
Totime:12:00PM

DECLARE @fromDateTime as datetime, @toDateTime as datetime
SET @fromdatetime = dbo.getCombinedDateTime(@fromDate,@fromTime)
SET @todatetime = dbo.getCombinedDateTime(@toDate,@toTime)

Select
v.JOURNALID
,v.TRANSDATE
,v.ITEMID
,v.QTY
,v.COSTAMOUNT
,v.JOURNALTYPE
,v.BOMLINE
From INVENTJOURNALTRANS v with (nolock)
Where v.TRANSDATE between @FromDatetime and @ToDatetime
and v.JOURNALTYPE=3
and v.BOMLINE=0

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Put GO between SET and SELECT, failing that put GO between DECLARE, SET, SET and SELECT.

The GO key word tells it that it is executing something that is in a different batch, you have to use it if you're creating schemas and tables in the same script so i guess it's worth a try . . .

let me know how it goes.

Actuall, @ChrisHunter, putting a GO in between the statements will separate batches so you'll just lose your variable declarations. Try it.

To the OP, you're not giving us a lot of information. What is the error you get? Which statement is erroring? Can we assume the dbo.getCombinedDateTime is a user-defined function? If so, what happens inside it? What are it's parameter datatypes? What is it's return type?

I have my suspicions that the problem is inside the UDF, but we really can't help without more to work with.

commented: learn something new every day, thanks. +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.