Hi Everyone,

I am facing the following problem:

My connection to SQL Server 2000 (Enterprise Edition with sp4) is fluctuating a lot. It gets disconnected after one or two hours and remained so for 2 - 3 minutes and again re-establish or sometimes I need to restart the SQL Server to connect again. Please help me to overcome this problem.

Below is the error I get after disconnection:

2012-07-11 16:12:48,018 [23] ERROR NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter [(null)] <(null)> - An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Finding reason for disconnecting is troublesome. Do you have any logging you can check out, perhaps find some patterns? It could be caused by anything from software to hardware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.