1.11M Members

sql server db create command

In my project i want to create a database through my application, how can create new database using sql statement.( i.e create database...)

Thanks, but I have more. How to set the filepath for that database?

Can you be a bit clearer please @bnitishpai

Do you want to know how create a DB using a language like C# or Java in Visual Studios rather than straight in SQL Server Management Studios, if so what language are you using?

Can you be a bit clearer please @bnitishpai

Do you want to know how create a DB using a language like C# or Java in Visual Studios rather than straight in SQL Server Management Studios, if so what language are you using?

What database server are you using? Most of them don't let you change the path, it's established when the database server is installed. And after thinking about it I don't think you can create a new database via programming languages because the language has to have a connection to an existing database in order to run sql commands.

@Ancient Dragon, I think you're right about not being able to establish a DB through languages like C#, i tried it a while ago (I wanted to open and run an SQL file with a DB creation script in when a program is run for the first time) but there had to be a connection to a server already established before the script to create the DB could be run.

If you have an sa account you can login to master db and create a new one.

They can also be created using stored procedures, assuming you have the permissions to do that.

Hi Dear;
How to create database in sql server ;
Sql is the Structured querie Language ... & the queries command is......

create database databasename;

this is the database creation command ;
regards
prem

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article