Hi,

I need a hand from a kind MySQL guru. I am running XAMPP for WinXP ver 1.6.8, phpMyAdmin ver 2.11.9.2, PHP Version 5.2.6 - on a local host (my laptop). I'm running Joomla 1.5.7 (on both my net server and on my local host).

What I need to do is import my site's database from my net server and import it to my local host - so I can work on developing my web site on my local host and then upload it to my net server.

The export from the net server is complete (my net server support desk helped me do this - he did a complete data dump and put it on my server, which I then downloaded to my laptop).

Now, I need to import that file into my local host joomla installation. But ... it's ... something ... is not cooperating. This is the error I'm receiving:

SQL query:
Table structure for table `bak_banner`
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `bak_banner` ;
MySQL said: Documentation
#1046 - No database selected

Can you help me out?

Also, I can develop more than one web site on my one Joomla installation, right? With each website having it's own database? ... Using the database prefix option? Example: jos_ropes and jos_ropesdeve

Is that reasonable? Thanks so much for your help! I really need to get this up and going so I can develop my site further.

Linda.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

For the database import, before you attempt to import the "flat" file data in, you need go to your local DB (MySQL) and create new database

create database DATABASE_NAME;

After that you can import.

You are a doll. Your instructions worked. Thanks so much for saving me so much time in trying to figure it out. People like you make the Net go 'round.

Linda.

For the database import, before you attempt to import the "flat" file data in, you need go to your local DB (MySQL) and create new database

create database DATABASE_NAME;

After that you can import.

first create new database with same name.... after tht u have to import the backup files...
u can access it successfully... lolllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.