How to install MY SQL J/Connector

Member Avatar
ibnyadam
Newbie Poster
3 posts since Jul 2008
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I downloaded MySql Connector/J, but i dont know how to install this driver in my JDK or Tomcat on windows XP. I read J/Connector documentation but i cant understand it. I copy jar file in JDK\lib\ext.
Please Help me in this situation. Thanks you all.

Member Avatar
stephen84s
Nearly a Posting Virtuoso
1,328 posts since Jul 2007
Reputation Points: 550 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 160 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 13 [?]
Featured

If you want the MySQL J-Connector driver to be available to all your Java applications then you should copy the "jar" to "$JRE_HOME/lib/ext", If you have a JDK installed then the location would be "$JDK_HOME/jre/lib/ext".

After that you will need to restart tomcat for it to be able to find the J-Connector.

Alternatively if you do not want the J-Connector to be available to all your Java programs, you could simply copy it to the "WEB-INF/lib" folder of your web application inside tomcat.

Lastly just for your info, like all Java libraries if you want to use the J-Connector inside your Java programs, it(the MySQL J Connector jar file) should be available in your CLASSPATH variable, you do not install it like you install software on windows.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article