I get the error #1005 - Can't create table 'db1.#sql-9e8_2c1' (errno: 150) (<a href="server_engines.php?engine=InnoDB&amp;page=Status&amp;token=3947cba14f7c39305d6f460b76698c5e">Details...</a>)

I have 2 tables that I want to connect as a 1-1 relationship.
table1: a ,b ,c ,d
table2: a ,b

the plan is that table2 will hold the keys of some of the records that are in table1..sort of table1 - all the items, table2 - all the free items. this will allow me to walkthrough table2 and know what items in table1 are free (the data in table 2 is static and table1 is changing all the time)

so I'm trying to add to table2 2 foreign keys A and B from table1 I tried to do it in PhpMyAdmin and by SQL but it gives me that 1005 error.
the thing is, when I'm on the page where you see a dropdown of all the keys u can connect to, I don't see table1.B I do see table1.A though.
same with other tables I wanted to connect to table1..field B just not in that list!!!!

I created table1 atleast 10 times already, both of the fields are primary keys in both of the tables, I'm losing my minnnnnnnnnnnnd!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

have you added composite key on column A and B ?

alright, it seems to have something to do with indeces which I don't know much about..am I supposed to add an index to every key field?

it works now, don't know if that's how it's supposed to be though..

Yes, you need an index on any referenced field.

thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.