Hi, anyone can help me convert or set my .mdb with form in ms access file to an application? i mean an application open the interface(form) without open microsoft access.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

and what programming language this application is done?

and what programming language this application is done?

Microsoft Access lo... how is it?? MS Access provided interface and database.. i jz dunno how to convert it to open the designed interface with no need open MS access

Microsoft Access lo... how is it?? MS Access provided interface and database.. i jz dunno how to convert it to open the designed interface with no need open MS access

There are some third party tools out that will help you convert an Access app to VB or VB.NET but you really can't just "convert" an Access application to an executable.

If you are using Access 2007, you CAN use the Runtime version of Access and the free developer's kit (search for Access 2007 SDK on the Microsoft Site) and you can distribute the files, including the Runtime version via an installation package.

However, you will still have the Access window and you will need to provide "bullet-proof" error handling and custom toolbars/Ribbon for your users.

commented: Good tip +7

Export the data using Access, then use the application to open that.

Export the data using Access, then use the application to open that.

Not to disparage your attempt at a solution MidiMagic, but doing that would not solve the problem of creating a database program without the Access Interface. The questions I have about your suggested solution, are:

1. Export to what?

2. How do you take all of the functionality of the forms and queries and rebuild it in what?

Sure you can build a VB, VB.NET, C#, C++, Java application that is a database application but I don't think that's exactly what they are looking for. Maybe it is, but the indications are that they just don't want to see the Access splash screen and Access application window.

You can take a look at the Microtools' Access to VB .NET/C# for Windows applications converters. Their url is <URL SNIPPED>

Microtools.us also offers you a tool to convert Access forms and modules to VB6 applications.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.