I have Microsoft Office XP SP3 installed on an Windows 2000 Pro PC. It works great except for when I'm attempting to run one query in Access XP. This is a query that is based on imported data from Excel 2000. The query was also built from Access 2000 (Office XP is a new upgrade for this PC).

The query works fine from PCs running Access 2000, but causes Access XP to crash with no warning. (the application just closes completely and gives no error message)

Can anyone provide information on this problem? Is there an application log I can check? Again, other queries work fine but this query crashes the whole app. Thanks in advance for your help!

You might have more luck with replies if you posted in the Databases forum :)

I'm using Access 2003 and it has converters to and from older versions like 2000/97. Have you looked into those?

Another possibility is to try and recreate the problem query from scratch in Access XP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.