Dearest VB GuRus,

thanks for all your contributions. this time, I have a problem and I need your magnanimous assistance and contributions.

I have developed a a VB Cash-expense application and I am designing a Database using MS-Access to be used as back-end.

I am confused on which fields should BE in the following tables below.

Table1: Department (This table has all the departments that are eligible to receive cash and make purchases.)

Table2: Items (this table has all items that are purchasable by all the departments.)

Table3: Purchases (This table SHOULD record all purchases made by individual departments.)

Table4: ReceiveableCash (This table SHOULD record all receivable cash that comes into the organisation (NOT THE DEPARTMENT).

Table5: PayableCash (This table SHOULD record all financial expenses made to a particular department.)

Table6: Accounts (This table records all the currentBalance, accountName and the AccountCode of different accounts. Every financial transaction is through a particular account.)

Kindly help me on the design of the above tables.

I do not know which fields should be included in the respective tables.

But my conception is:

Department:

DeptID

DeptName

Items:

ItemID

ItemName

Purchases:

PurchaseID

ItemID

PurchaseDate

Amount

PayableCash:

PayID

DeptID

Amount

Date

ReceiveableCash:

ReceiveID

Amount

Date

Accounts:

AcctID

AcctName

CurrBal

I do not know what SHOULD constitutes these table above and I really need your kindest assistance in the design.

Moreover, I also need to know the how to construct an SQL SELECT statement that will retrieve all expenses made.

Thank you.

Eyo Honesty

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

How come you designed an applications from start to finish without any data testing, then how can you guaranty it works?

Yes very tru @Netcode

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.