I have just started using Access 2010 and am experiencing problems with it corrupting the database. To take one example I have a database with one module in it. Today when I open the module in design view Microsoft Access falls over with the error "Microsoft Access has stopped working" Compact and repair does not fix it. you can't import objects into another database because that causes Access to fall over as well.

It is a recurring problem and it is driving me batty. Has anyone any ideas on what is going on.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try the following. Access itself maybe be to blame:

Repair your Office 2010 programs

Repair your Office 2010 programs by doing the following:

Click Start, then click Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Click the Office 2010 program that you want to repair, then click Change.
Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

No Joy I am afraid, it is leaving a temporary file when it falls over called VBFF3C.tmp containing

VERSION 1.0 CLASS
BEGIN
Multiuser = -1 ' True
END

It seems to me that there are some serious bugs in the VBA compiler in this version

open access and create a small test database.

if it works add a couple of queries and relationships

let me know if it fails

It seems that Access 2010 has a habit of corrupting the VBA project file. the The solution to the problem is to create a shortcut to the database then edit its properties to /decompile to the target. Run this and it will repair the database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.