1.11M Members

Current month export by date

Hello friends,

I am looking for a bit of help. Here is the scenario. I am trying to compile sales data for a number of stores from multiple databases and import them into excel for the current month by day. I have a field for date and sales. The problem I am having is some stores are open Sunday and some arnt. When I run my query the stores that are off that day skip a day. If there a way for me to set up my query so that if there are no sales for a day make it zero or force it to use consecutive dating? Let me know if you need more information or clarification.

This was a fun one, but I do have a couple of questions about your scenario. First, is this always to run for current month, or do you want to be able to set a date range? Next, were you looking for tabular data, or a pivot? And, did you want to do this all with querydefs or do you want to put it in VBA code? Last, what version of MSAccess are you using?

Your assumptions are correct. This report would only need to be run for current month. Cross joining the tables is a great idea and exactly what I'll do. I'm suprised you were able to decipher that. As always thanks to the community and thank you Bitblt + marks for you!

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by BitBlt

Tabular data, MS2007. VB or querydefs are both fine. No preference.

You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: