Don't really understand Basketball and I have to do an ERD .
Can someone tell me how to link the 'manager', 'coaches' and 'club' tables.
e.g. would it be one manager has MANY coaches to manage.
e.g. One club has MANY Coaches.

Don't get it.

Also I have these following tables 'Players', 'Team', 'Season' and 'Match'
What I don't understand is the 'Match' table.... because the specification says we have to keep information of the performance of each player and include the number of: 2 points attempts, 2 points made, 3 points attempts, 3 points made, free throws attempts, free throws made, minutes played, fouls made, rebounds.

I dont understand these scorings, as in what is '2 points made' and 'attempts' etc. would they be fields in the table of 'Matches' AND the 'Player'. I have researched on BASKETBALL ERDs and they MADE a 'Home' and 'Away' tables.
What is Home and AWAY tables, what fields would you add.

And what about the season table. How many seasons is there?. What fields would I put. Season name, season start date, season end date, Match ID, Location.
I don't know.

Can please someone help with my Basketball ERD database.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@abzy1991

Don't really understand Basketball and I have to do an ERD .

Can you post the query for your database to see what you have done so far?

I'm not a basketball fan either.

Can you post the query for your database

He has to make an ERD, so there is no database/query yet, just a diagram. But he must be able to show that...

Member Avatar for LastMitch

He has to make an ERD, so there is no database/query yet, just a diagram. But he must be able to show that.

So it's kinda like blueprint of how the structure of the database.

abzy, you saying so many times in your post that you dont understand basket ball, before designing ERD you need to learn all things (rules,scoring method,people involved) about basketball, otherwise your ERD will surely go wrong, if you build it on scattered tips received here.

So it's kinda like blueprint of how the structure of the database.

Correct, it's what you should create before actually building a database, like the blueprint of a house (you don't just start building).

Thank you for the advice, need to learn the basics of Basketball before going ahead with the ERD

Do your coursework by ueslef..lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.