I' ve converted mssql database to mysql database (locally). I ve created a free subdomain and found a free webhoster on 000webhost.com. I m trying to import my mysql database onto the server using phpmyadmin interface but am unable to do this. I get the following error-->#1044 - Access denied for user 'a1581119_ts1'@'localhost' to database 'world'
I must say that i googled all day and found numerous answers but was not able to fix my issue. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there,

I think you are trying to import your SQL data into the database 'world', which is highly unlikely yours.

With your web host you will have both MySQL username, MySQL password and MySQL database name. Your database name will probably something generic like your username is (a1581119_ts1).

If you are already trying to import into the right database (maybe through PHPMyAdmin) the problem could be that your .sql dump file is specifically asking for the database 'world' - maybe your old database was named this.

Edit your .sql file and replace occurrences of 'world' with your new database name. It is also possible to remove the specific reference to a given database, but that can be more complicated so try replacing first.

I ve done that but didn,t help...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.