I tried to create the database connection SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with ODBC connection using TCP / IP
After I try the following error appears :
Connection failed :
SQLState : '01000 '
SQL Server Error : 10060
[ Microsoft ] [ ODBC SQLServer Driver ] [ TCP / IP Sockets ] connectionOpen
[ Connect ( ) ] .
Connection failed :
SALState '08001 '
SQL Server Error : 17
[ Microsoft ] [ ODBC SQL Server Driver ] [ TCP / IP Sockets ] SQL Server does
not exist or acces denied .

I 've made a firewall rule on the inbound and outbound to enable port 1433 , but the result is the same connection can not be made , the SQLServer2008R2 Express configuration through Configuration Manager Tools for TCP / IP I was already set on the SQL Server Network Configuration - Protocols for SQLEXPRESS ( or equivalent ) - TCP / IP , by filling in the following directions:
• Double click on TCP / IP
• Click on the IP Addresses tab
• Under IP1 sets the TCP port to 1433 if it has not been already
• Under the IP All TCP Port set to 1433 if it has not been already

But when trying to re- wear an ODBC connection via TCP / IP the result is the same error message appears as shown above

Best regards,

Member Avatar for h4ng4r18

Make sure that the instance has remote connections switched on and that the port is statically assigned to 1433 (as I think dynamic could be default).

On the server go to Start > Programs > Sql Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > SS Configuration Manager

Then Network Config > Protocols > Switch on Named Pipes & Shared Memory

Then Open TCP/IP > Make sure Enabled is set to yes > IP Addresses > Ensure TCP Dynamic Ports is BLANK in all IPs > set TCP Port to 1433 in all IPs (IP1, IP2 ... & IPALL) > Apply > OK > Restart Service

What do you get then?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.