hi all!
I need to make a form in Ms-Access as EXE file. So that the file can be runned without opening Ms-Access. I know that, it is possible in Vbasic but whether it is possible to do in Ms-Access.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi,

The best you can do do is to create an mde file with hiding the database window and menues and running a startup form. This is the nearest you can do to simulate an exe.

The Developer version of Access has a run-time compiler so you can do this, but there are significant limitations in what you can do with a run-time, e.g., no datasheet views, no macros, other issues.

Hi,

I have used lately the developer extensions of access and they don't actually create you a stand alone wersion of your mde or mdb but:
It will create you an installation file with the ability of including access run-time version. Access run-time will install a copy of access with out the IDE, that is the minimum for access to run.
When running the exe (the installation file) your access database will be deployed on the computer with the run-time and the access path will be sent to the run-time through the shortcut (as a parameter).
If you are using alot of libraries and external controls or in case of failure you will face alot of problems as you will not be able to debug as the access run-time will not alow debugging.
A developer license is more expensive than basic.
Generally after using the access run-time over 8 pcs I have decided to go back and install the full version of access mainly for debugging purposes.
And till the moment I never found a tool that transfers an access file to an exe directly, actually I read about some applications that converts access forms to VB forms but havn't had the chance to test any. But any way I hope it is true :)

no

The Developer version of Access has a run-time compiler so you can do this, but there are significant limitations in what you can do with a run-time, e.g., no datasheet views, no macros, other issues.

I stand corrected. The Developer version has a runtime you can ship with the VBE, but does not generate an EXE.

hi all!
I need to make a form in Ms-Access as EXE file. So that the file can be runned without opening Ms-Access. I know that, it is possible in Vbasic but whether it is possible to do in Ms-Access.
Thanks

hi all!
Thanks

The short answer is NO, you cannot do this the way you are wanting. You've been given what IS possible by kb.net. You CANNOT, under any circumstances, make an EXE file out of an Access database or form.

If you need an exe file, you need to create it in a programming language such as VB6, VB.NET, VC#, VC++, JAVA, etc.

Make the exe in Visual Studio. Access is a desktop database platform, not a software developing platform.

Use application ZCureIt. I think it is what you need.
Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.