akoprowski 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you gals&guys know about Opa (opalang.org), a new programming language for web development.

I think Opa is really cool. It takes care of both server- and client-side programming in one language, where all the communication between the server and clients is fully automated by the compiler (to programmer it all looks like local function calls). Moreover Opa has strong, static typing that is used to rule out many security threats (like SQL injections or XSS attacks) and in addition to that it greatly helps detecting bugs (without debugging!). Opa also has type inference so that you'll not have to write type annotations
yourself.

I am one of the developers who worked hard on making this language a reality, so I know quite a bit about it and will be happy to discuss it further with anyone interested.

Best, Adam

P.S. I wrote a recent article comparing Opa and Node.js, which may be an interesting place to start; see it here.
P.S.2 Windows version should be coming out next week.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.