1.11M Members

Geolocation in HTML5

hi there,

I just have a few questions about HTML5 and one of its features that is geolocation. My group members and I are thinking to develop a social-networking IOS application that lets you check-in only if you're using a mobile phone. The core idea is that if you're at starbucks or other coffee shops having a cup of coffee and want to rate it, suggest it to your friends on FB or review other peoples' comments on the coffee/s they had, you can use the app to do all that. The IOS app sounds doable. We also want to develop a website for the application so, if you're using a PC/laptop any device other than IOS devices, it allows you to check in. But, we still are not sure what to use to develop it. I suggested the idea of using Geolocation(because it uses GoogleMaps) but then we had a look at this website which has HTML5 features demos and it changed our idea a little bit because it does not detect your exact location.

What do you guys suggest? Is there a point in developing a website for this type of project?

yes.
There are smartphone that don't run IOS.
A website will also work for android and window mobile.
Less usful for desktop computers, but I don't bring my pc to starbucks that often.
so a website targeted at mobile devices will do fine.

You can develop a mobile web using HTML5 to capture the geolocation information that they checked in. Not that difficult, see this http://www.ipgeo5.com

Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: