Ok, I'm new to visual studio 2010 and also new to AJAX in .NET (I've done AJAX via jquery and classic ASP before). I want to simply make a call from a client-side function to a server-side ASP.NET (VB) function to get a set of data, could be a datatable, custom object, whatever makes sense, and return that data to the client where it can be processed. For example, lets say I have a web app that allows the user to search on customers, I want to pass the search criteria to the server-side function which does the data retrieval and returns a collection of Customer objects in some form, then the client displays the results. I'm sure this is a pretty common usage of AJAX and I've been looking for some samples or documentation on how to do it, but the only think I've come up with so far was this. I wasn't actually able to get this sample to work, and its for VS2005 so I'm sure the concepts don't apply to 2010. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

A better source for Microsoft Ajax than the link you posted is on their official site for asp.net.

http://www.asp.net/ajax

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.