I have the following code on a website, And my issue is that this code given below fades the flash file on all the browsers that I use on a Mac computer, But when I use windows it only fades the flash file on Google Chrome, but does not fade on Mozilla, Internet Explrorer or anyother browsers...

<script  type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function()
        {
            $("#cmg").hide(0);
            $(".cont").hide(0);
            $(".cont").delay(3300).fadeIn(1000);
            $(".cont").click(function()
            {   
                $(".flashfade").fadeOut(2000);
                $(".fade").fadeOut(2000);
                $("#cmg").delay(2000).fadeIn(2000);
            });
        });
    </script>
</head>
<body id="splash">
    <div >
        <div id="ucbody">
            <div class="fade">

<div class="flashfade" style="margin-bottom:-30px;">
                    <embed src="swf/flashl.swf" width="520" height="520" bgcolor="#66991C">
                    </embed>
                </div>
                <br />
                <div class="cont">
                    Click here to continue
                </div>
            </div>

Can Someone help me out with this? how do I fade it on a Mozilla browser on Windows, whereas it works on a Mac's Mozilla Browser... Any help with this , I have been trying to figure this out the whole day but had no success so far....

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@romiaujla

Can Someone help me out with this? how do I fade it on a Mozilla browser on Windows, whereas it works on a Mac's Mozilla Browser... Any help with this , I have been trying to figure this out the whole day but had no success so far....

I been playing around with it the past few days and I can't duplicate the error you are having.

I think it has to do with the <embed> tags. Not with your JQuery code.

Read this about how to emded it:

http://flash-clocks.com/documents/html-embed-tag.html

or

You can try to used this:

http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.