I created this to make an div containing an intro dissappear after so many milliseconds. It also has a 'skip intro' link at the bottom. Everything works fine, except, the first function seems to fire even after somebody has skipped the intro. So there's a quick flicker as the div reloads. I have an if statement in it that I thought would solve the problem, but I think the clock starts when the page loads, before anyone has had a chance to click 'skip'. I tried to add another if statement inside the function, but it killed the script?

Damn! Being a beginner suckssss!

if($("#slidestart").css("display") == "block"){ 

setTimeout( function(){
   // adding this didn't work::: if($("#slidestart").css("display") == "block"){ 
                    $('#slidestart').stop().animate({ opacity: 0 }, 400, function() { 
                        $("#slidestart").css({display:"none"},100);
                        setTimeout( function(){
                        $("#allbut").css({display:"block",opacity:0},100);
                        $('#allbut').stop().animate({ opacity: 1 }, 400, function() { 
                            $('#slidestart').html(' '); 
                             });
                        },255);
                    });
                    $('#allbut').stop().animate({ opacity: 1 }, 200, function() { /* animation complete */ });
                },22355);
            //  };
};

$("#skip_intro").on("click", function(){
       $('#slidestart').stop().animate({ opacity: 0 }, 300, function() { 
                        $("#slidestart").css({display:"none"},100);
                        setTimeout( function(){
                        $("#allbut").css({display:"block",opacity:0},100);
                        $('#allbut').stop().animate({ opacity: 1 }, 400, function() { 
                            $('#slidestart').html(' '); 
                             });
                        },255);
                    });
                    $('#allbut').stop().animate({ opacity: 1 }, 200, function() { /* animation complete */ });
    });
Member Avatar for LastMitch

What was your answer?

Can you at explain a little how you solve your issue?

I know you solve the other thread by yourself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.