To begin with thank everybody for any help.

I am trying to convert an html site into a Joomla site for a client, but I am having trouble converting the homepage slideshow into a working Joomla module. As far as I can see I have everything that I need, but the actual slides refuse to work for me. So now I'm pretty lost on why this is. I've looking at other similar joomla slideshows to see if my structure is correct, but I still can't come up with an answer to why my slideshow doesn't work.

Here's the html version of the site, so that you can see what it's supposed to look like: http://eyezonyousite.com/CentreRE/index-8.html

I don't have a live version of the Joomla site b/c I've been working on it within my localhost. But I can send screen shots and the joomla code for anybody wanting to help.

I did notice that when inspecting the code for the HTML version that the class for the current slide shows up as 'carousel-feature current' and other slides show up as either 'carousel-feature left' or 'carousel-feature right'. While in my Joomla version only shows up as 'carousel-feature' for all the slides. So I'm figuring that my script isnt working somehow. Hopefully this helps out. Thank you for your time.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I am trying to convert an html site into a Joomla site for a client, but I am having trouble converting the homepage slideshow into a working Joomla module. As far as I can see I have everything that I need, but the actual slides refuse to work for me. So now I'm pretty lost on why this is. I've looking at other similar joomla slideshows to see if my structure is correct, but I still can't come up with an answer to why my slideshow doesn't work.

I don't understand your question at all. Why all the hassle of converting a slideshow?

I did notice that when inspecting the code for the HTML version that the class for the current slide shows up as 'carousel-feature current' and other slides show up as either 'carousel-feature left' or 'carousel-feature right'. While in my Joomla version only shows up as 'carousel-feature' for all the slides. So I'm figuring that my script isnt working somehow. Hopefully this helps out. Thank you for your time.

There are jQuery slideshow plugin that you can used for Joomla.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/slideshow/image-jquery-slideshow

All you need to do is just upload the images to the folder and the jQuery slideshow plugin will work.

It seems like you want a certain features then there should be FAQ or instructions to explain what to do or how modify it.

Well thank you for pointing that out. I am aware of all of the wonderful slideshow plug ins already out, but I appreciate your trying to help though. My client prefers this particular slideshow, which is why I'm asking for help. I did though miss the 'Files' button so that I can upload some screenshots and my files.....My bad. Maybe that'll clarify what's going on and what I need.

Here's the url to the HTML version of the site: http://eyezonyousite.com/CentreRE/index-8.html#

I dont have a link for the joomla version b/c Im working on it locally, but I'm uploading screenshots.

P.S. I took out the images from the module so that it would be small enough to upload.

My client prefers this particular slideshow, which is why I'm asking for help. I did though miss the 'Files' button so that I can upload some screenshots and my files.....My bad. Maybe that'll clarify what's going on and what I need.

This is not a regular slideshow. It involves flickr.

At first I thought you need help with installing a plugin code on to Joomla but instead you are modify the code on to the index.php which require alot of work because you need to link the images from flickr account from the admin section.

I don't know what else to tell you.

There are plugin that include that flickr function so you don't have to add it on the Admin section.

The only solution find a plugin similiar to the one from the old website.

Base on the code from the link, this is alot work.

nah, it isn't a flickr plugin. You have the option to link it to flickr, but you can also call the pictures locally. Which is the method that I use, except that I took out the pics so the the zip would be small enough to upload. But this is the actual plug in that mine is coming from: http://www.bkosborne.com/jquery-feature-carousel

I also tried converting this 1 into a joomla module with the same results.

Basically the javascript isnt working in joomla, i'm trying to figure out why that is.

I also tried converting this 1 into a joomla module with the same results.

The issue you are having is the path.

Are the jQuery link correctly?

Plus you need to adjust the CSS base on your website.

I'm figuring that's the case, but I've compared to other slideshow modules that work and I'm linking the same way they are. At least I think I am. I'm probably missing something that I'm just not seeing. That's why I was hoping for extra eyes on this. That's why I appreciate your time on this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.