I'm working on a website with a sign-up form. I've been able to perform validation without page reload, printing appropriate error messages.However i'm trying to implement an interface i've seen on a couple of websites, where a user is guided to fill certain fields like password that come with restrictions, as shown in the attached image (the nice blue guide on the right). I tried to 'inspect element' on pages where i've seen this but i wasnt able to decipher the code. How can i implement such fucntionality or where can i learn to do so. Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you may want to check those websites, just to see which language they're written in, and what framework(s) they use.
are you trying to do this purely using javascript?

If pure JavaScript would do it i wouldn't mind. But I'm open to whatever techniques i can use. I just don't know where to start or how to go about it. My website is in php and i'm not using any frameworks.

dhani09: I wouldn't use Javascript for validation. Javascript runs client side, and is easie(r) tampered with.
I have no experience in php myself, but I'm sure it offers safer ways to validate forms than javascript does

Yes Ofcourse. I'm validating on both client and server. But i just want to be able to get that sort of interface. Like the one on the attached image in the question; with the blue box coming out on the right, when a field receives focus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.