Hello Everyone.
My application is installed on tomcat it works fine, but after 48 hours it give error below.
if we restart the server everything works fine again

Can anybody tell me what's wrong here with the bottom error?
Thanks a lot...........

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Index: 0, Size: 0
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:523)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:224)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

root cause

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
	java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
	java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
	info.studio52.dao.ContentsDAO.getContentsById(ContentsDAO.java:73)
	info.studio52.controller.HomeAction.home(HomeAction.java:42)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:274)
	org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:194)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:419)
	org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:224)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.27 logs.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

info.studio52.dao.ContentsDAO.getContentsById(ContentsDAO.java:73)
info.studio52.controller.HomeAction.home(HomeAction.java:42)

Is info.studio52 your package, Also paste your code (especially the code at the lines mentioned above).

Also you obviously(as the exception shows) are having some problem tracking your Array indexes,
We need your code to go on to diagnose the issue here apart from just the stack trace.

Also preferably when you post your code highlight the lines mentioned above. Cause chances are the lines nos in your code after pasting here may not be the same.

Please also remember to paste you code inside [code=java] and [/code] tags.

EDIT:
The stacktrace, however is better put in [code]

[/code].

Java profiler, Can tell you where is exact problem. Find out good application monitoring tools, where and when application memory leak.

I'VE ENCOUNTERED PROBLEM IN GETTING ACCESS TO MY INTERNET SERVICE. PLS ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO. THANK YOU.

IS IT ALRIGHT FOR ME TO TYPE ON "HTTP STATUS 500-TYPE EXCEPTION REPORT MESSAGE" OR HTTP STATUS 500?

AM I ABLE TO HAVE MY ERROR COREECTED ON THIS COMPUTER BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTION GIVEN HERE?

WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY OF RECTIFYING THIS ERROR?

HOW CAN I GET STARTED TO GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM?

Try asking this as a new question, with specific details of what your problem actually is (the more information the better) and in the appropriate forum as I'm guessing it's got nothing to do with either web development or JSP, and you might find that we can help you.

Hijacking a five year old thread in an unrelated forum, with a very vague and detail-light series of shouting (uppercase is never a good idea) posts/rants is not likely to get you much in the way of targeted help, let alone quick help. Just saying...

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW THAT I NEED TO OPEN THE SOFRWARE THAT I'VE DOWNLOADA BUT IT CANNOT BE DONE SO.

HappyGeek told you what to do:
start a NEW THREAD in the CORRECT FORUM.
provide detailed information, and turn off the CAPS-LOCK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.